1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to connect 3 Tv's to one Sky+ box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by chrisjoanne, Oct 8, 2004.

1. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right, here goes.

I'll try to explain this carefully so I don't confuse anyone.

I've got (well, getting on Tuesday) one Sky+ box.

At present my Sky digital box is connected to my Loewe Mimo Tv and also my Philips DVD recorder.

Also via the output "RF out 2" on the Sky box I have cabling running to my second Tv, in the bedroom. This is also setup with the "remote eye".

My question is:

I now have an up to date computer with all bells and whistles. I can plug in Tv cabling therefore receive Tv pictures on my computer. I can also record onto the PC harddrive.

My problem is, how can I run another (3rd) cable from the Sky box to receive Sky pictures on my PC as the "RF out 2" has already been taken up on the Sky box.

I understand Sky digital and Sky+ box will both have "RF out 2's" ? ?

So, to finish. Basically, how do I get 2 outputs from Sky? I'm sure there is an extremely easy way to do this and I'm putting a fiver on that someone comes up with an answer in th enext 30 minutes. :thumbsup:

Chris

Cheap stuff

2. big@l

big@l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do the same as I've done. Run the RF2 to a distribution amp. I started with a two tv amp and now have a seven tv amp in the loft feeding a tv point in every room. The two and four way amps do not require any external power supply, but the seven does. They are available from places like satcure.

3. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks very much for your reply. I'll give that ago. Cheers.

4. dunbad

dunbad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

What is the picture quality like of your upstairs TVs? as I have a Sharp LC22sv2e LCD in our bedroom. With the single RF 2 cable the pic is poor but I wondered if the Amplifier helps by boosting the signal. :beer:

5. big@l

big@l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know about a LCD display but on my crt the picture is good. Not as good as through the scart but easily as good as from the ariel.