how to clean screen on new Sony KDF-E50A12U

howardg

Standard Member
Hi
Ive just taken delivery of a Sony KDF-E50A12U and when the screen is blank ie the TV is off I noticed a finger mark left by the installer this is on the surface of the screen but I have also noticed a larger mark like a white bloom that looks like its inside the surface of the screen. Is this "defect" normal on this type of screen or should I be concerned and has anyone had to clean finger prints off their screen.
Any comments appreciated.

dts borg

Novice Member
should I be concerned and has anyone had to clean finger prints off their screen.
Any comments appreciated.
My son is always touching my plasma screen:eek: He will soon be 3 and loves pointing at Woody and Buzz on the screen:mad:

All I use is Large cotton pads and warm water (just making sure they are not over wet). Then dry with another set of pads:smashin:

Mr Blunden

The white bloom you describe is in fact a reflection from the mirror inside the TV.

It is not a defect and is perfectly normal for this type of TV.:thumbsup:

It has been discussed at length on the UK and US forums before and does not affect your PQ in any way.

howardg

Standard Member
Thank you for your replies. Can you point me in the direction of the UK and US threads on the mirror reflection.
Many thanks

howardg

Standard Member
Thanks Mr Blunden for your help.

After reading the threads I am not sure that my TV has the same problem. My white spot is right of the centre of the screen and looks more like the screen hasn't been finished correctly. It is difficult to describe but if you imagine spray paintinig an area with black paint and one part has sligtly less paint so it looks lighter than the rest of the darker painted area. The lighter area is not round its an amorphous shape which lends me to think its a manufacturing fault but am interested if anyone else has this on their screen before requesting a return.

Any thoughts very welcome.