How to clean my projector?

FoxForceFive

I have a HP VP6121 projector I bought recently second hand.

It's working brilliantly, apart from some dull, shadow-like marks on the screen that are visible during light scenes.

It's a new bulb & I've ensured the lens is clean from the outside, so I'm assuming the offending grime is on the inside somewhere.

How should I clean this?

I've seen many people saying to use canned air, but also people saying this made the problem much worse. I've also seen people advise to spray the air through vents, & others saying remove the covers & then do it.

I'm just worried should I spray it through the vents & it simply pushes the dust into the machine & makes the picture worse. My gut tells me I should be spraying the air out of the machine.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Axel40

Banned
Before you try the canned air thing try hoovering the vents. It's safer but doesn't always work.

Gotta be worth a go though:thumbsup:

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I would seek manufacturers advice they can sometimes be very helpful

FoxForceFive

I did, they directed me to their site, which says to use canned air on the lens & a hoover on the external vents.

As for the inside they recommend a professional service, but as it costs about £80 minimum & I'm skint there's no chance!

Before you try the canned air thing try hoovering the vents. It's safer but doesn't always work.

Gotta be worth a go though

I'll try that now, cheers!

Thanks for the replies!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom