How to check if Atmos is playing on Samsung HW Q900A Soundbar?

maheshjd

Standard Member
Hi Have a following setup & not sure how to determined if Soundbar is playing Dolby Atmos.

TV - Samsung QLED QN95A (65") + Fire TV Stick 4K (Atmos compatible) + Samsung HW Q900A Soundbar.

I tried to stream content from net on FireTV stick 4k which are Dolby Atmos; however not sure how to check on Soundbar if it playing at Atmos as the tiny soundbar screen does not show anything other than eARC on the display.

thothsong

"Dolby Atmos" should scroll across the soundbar screen just once at the beginning of playback. On the QN95A, Sound->Expert Settings, Digital Output Audio Format should be set to Pass-Through, and Dolby Atmos Compatibility enabled.

maheshjd

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the sound-bar display does not scroll anything (Even non Atmos audio). It just display eARC on the screen & disappear after 5-10 seconds.

brummybloke

Where have you plugged your firestick ?
Plug it into your soundbar and then try a uhd film with dolby and it should work.

maheshjd

Standard Member
Ah ok .. I've plugged it in to Samsung One Connect box. I'll try to connect to soundbar directly & see if it works ..Thanks!

maheshjd

Standard Member
I did try to connect the Firetv Stick 4K to Soundbar HDMI port & play a dolby atmos clip from youtube but still it does not show Atmos on the soundbar screen. Am I missing something ?

cuke2u

Just use the Netflix app on your TV, search for Dolby Atmos and run one of those..

ups

Standard Member
Try downloading https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-test-tones_7_1_4.mp4 and playing it from a USB drive connected to your TV, and see if Dolby Atmos scrolls and if you get sound from the correct speakers when using Standard sound mode.

Thanks for this. I couldn't find this from browsing on the Dolby website. I played this on Kodi on NVIDIA Shield, and the Q900A displays Dolby Atoms when the video starts. All sounds also came from the right speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom