1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to cater to more than one HD input?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by dr.morgie, Sep 23, 2005.

1. dr.morgie

dr.morgie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to buy a new LCD (Sharp GA6 when it hits the shops), and am likely to be using it with a Denon 2910 (HDMI), as well as Sky HD and an Xbox 360 (bank manager permitting). Thing is, I'm hoping to wall mount the LCD for that "streamlined" look - will this mean that I have to endlessly plug and unplug into the LCD for optimal performance, or is there some kind of HD adapter which will let me plug all these things in without degrading PQ?

cheers,
    Christiaan

2. HSC

HSC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    let's see
    2910 - you want HDMI (but component is an option if you dont want to upscale)
    XBOX360 output can be VGA or Component for HD
    and Sky HD can be Component or HDMI

so as long as the GA6 has a HDMI, Component and a PC input you should be able to connect up all three and get HD-goodness (2910 upscaled only) - without having to swap out cables.

if your looking for a "single cable" to screen solution - then the best option would probably be a Denon 4806 or A11XV AV Amp - then you can have 3xComponent inputs and 2xHDMI input and upconverted out via a single HDMI cable

hope this helps

3. DangerMouse!

DangerMouse!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You can get HDMI switch boxes that allow upto to 5 inputs and one out.

If you search this forum or google you should find lots of them.

A bit pricey thou, so your Bank Manager won't be too impressed.

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I would run 1 x HDMI, 1 x component plus whatever other sockets are on the back in a conduit so other leads can be pulled through in the future or current leads replaced.

When Sky HD finally does arrive, you have the option of either running Sky temporarily via component along with the XBox, possibly via a cheap component switchbox or purchase an HDMI switch - these are currently quite expensive so it would be wise to put off your purchase for as long as possible.