• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to cancel sky+

Fluffwump

Standard Member
Hi ,
I hope someone can help, I would like to cancel sky + but retain the features of my sky+ box, ie still be able to watch my old recordings and record the free to air channels, is there some kind of card I can purchase that will keep these features available to me?
Thanks

Hi ,
I hope someone can help, I would like to cancel sky + but retain the features of my sky+ box, ie still be able to watch my old recordings and record the free to air channels, is there some kind of card I can purchase that will keep these features available to me?
Thanks

No, sorry

If you read the terms and conditions you'll find you can't watch the recordings without a current sky contract. Nor can you record future programmes on the box, free to air or not

Davey H

It is possible just to pay a £10 per month sub, just for the record functions,that is the only way to keep the function.

Fluffwump

Standard Member
It is possible just to pay a £10 per month sub, just for the record functions,that is the only way to keep the function.

Thanks wavy davy £10 amonth is rather a lot just for that though, I have already installed freesat recordable. i think this must be the beginning of the end for sky, you would have to be a keen sports fan or a movie watcher to make it worth paying their charges nowadays!

My understanding is you need the minimum sub (£17.50?)

The alternative is to buy a freesat recorder which will record all the free channels

Davey H

Neither do i, other than it gives you access to Sky3,five usa,fiver,five usa+1,fiver+1 and channel 4hd(and the ability to record them) which of course you dont get on Freesat.

It's not something i personally would entertain, but was offering a possible solution for the OP...

Last edited:

fernandez

Distinguished Member
does a free sat box have and rf2 picture output that will work with a magic eye so you can change channel in another room?

If you mean FREESAT and not freesatfrom sky, then I think the answer is no. Freesat boxes (or most) don't appear to have any RF out.
This is for the Humax Foxat HD
Input/Output Connections:

* HDMI x1 Output
* Component Out (YUV) x1
* Scart (RGB x1) Output x2
* Audio/Video x1
* Ethernet Port (RJ45)
* USB Input 1.0/2.0
* Digital Optical Output x1
* Audio Pair Out x1

FSFS is a standard Sky box and of course has RF outs and can be used with a 'magic-eye'

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom