1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to bring back HDCP on Samsung HD-745

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mightybyte, Mar 4, 2005.

1. mightybyte

mightybyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Samsung HD-745 arrived last week. I have made it multi-region via the well-published hack. I plan to use this with DLP TV set Sagem 45 which has a HDCP DVI input.

I believe that the hack also disabled HDCP???

How can I reset it to bring back HDCP?

Is it still possible to make it multi-region while being HDCP compliant?

If I had a choice though, I'd prefer HDCP to multi-region.

Thanks.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Why would you want to bring back HDCP? You don't need it at all, I think perhaps you misunderstand HDCP. :)

A non-HDCP source can ALWAYS connect to an HDCP receiver, it's the other way round that won't work if the source enables HDCP then the receiver MUST do also. Thus, disabling HDCP on a DVD player will not in any way prevent it being used with an HDCP-aware TV etc.

3. mightybyte

mightybyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

Just another question please, how do I route Audio from Samsung HD-945 to the Sagem TV?

The audio out on HD-945 is 2-lead RCA while the audio connector for DVI-D on the Sagem is only 1-lead (i don't know what type or what it's called). I understand I can connect the audio from DVD directly to my hi-fi but this might cause some lyp-sync issues, so I'd rather connect it to the TV, and then to hi-fi if necesssary.

4. jonandjen

jonandjen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    You need a 3.5mm mini jack to 2 RCA cable. Bog standard and available at any hifi shop / internet cable dealer.

Regards,

jonandjen

5. mightybyte

mightybyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder why they are using the 3.5 mm jack for the audio.

Is the sound quality not sacrificed with this? I wonder if a similar 2-lead L-R would have been preferrable.

6. TheGaffer

TheGaffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't received my HD-D45 yet but I can see from the manual that it doesn't have a 3.5mm audio input jack. If you are going HDMI out from the DVD player to DVI in on the HD-D45, via the HDMI to DVI cable supplied with the HD945 DVD player, then you will need to connect the audio outputs of the DVD player to the audio inputs next to the DVI socket on the HD-D45 (just to the right of the DVI socket). Use a standard 2 RCA to 2 RCA cable for this or use the 3 RCA to 3 RCA cable supplied with the DVD player (leave the yellow one not connected). This shoud give you your sound.

I also have the Samsung HD945 and this is how I will be connecting it up when my HD-D45 arrives.

7. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    There should be no lip-sync issues at all in the setup as you describe it, lip sync is really only a problem when you start doing serious signal processing such as with an external scaler.