Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

"how to" bi-wire?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Chivalry, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Chivalry

Chivalry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hello.. i recently bought a new set of speakers which are bi-wireable.. and am looking to buy some new speaker cabe but just started to think how to connect bi-wire cable to my amp?,, afaik it has just the usual + and - for each left and right speaker.. so im 4 connectors short on my amp?... so where do i connect the other 2 wires per cable? do u need specific amps with 2 extra connectors per speaker to bi-wire??? sry if its a daft question but im unsure :0( thnx for your patience :0)

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    The easiest way to see is to look in What HiFi, near the back where they have the glossary etc. They have a pretty good picture showing how to biwire/biamp etc. Even I understand it.:)

Seriously though, it's probably the best pictorial guide around. Very simple.

Or look here- http://www.djsociety.org/Bi-Wiring.htm

Just used Google to search images under biwire.

3. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wire all 4 cable to separate terminals in the back of the speaker, then wire both reds into 1 red terminal on back of amp & both black into 1 x black terminal in back of amp - as easy as that mate

Good luck

Lee

PS: I must admit I wasnt to sure either but I did it this way under the guidance of the technical department of Mission o im 100% certain this is RIGHT although others may not agree as Ive had this argument b4, so if your unsure, why no give them a ring on 01480 423700

4. mattr

mattr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
  5. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    There was actually a massive thread about bi wire vrs bi amp a while back. Worth a search for it.

I've never been one to worry too much about bi wiring a speaker. But bi amping, that's a different story.:smashin: