1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to automatically select SVideo mode for SCART?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jfinnie, Apr 3, 2005.

1. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Hi;

My Sony widescreen TV has 2 SCARTS, Scart 1 can do Composite / RGB, and SCART 2 can do Composite / Svideo. My DVD player is connected to Scart 1, and automatically switches the TV into RGB mode. I want to do a similar thing with Scart 2, making it automatically switch into SVideo mode under external control. Does anyone know if this is possible? I can only find reference to using pin 16 for RGB switching - is there a similar way to do this on the SVideo enabled SCART?

Thanks in advance,

James

2. stevelup

stevelup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Hi

It should just work. If not, there are settings in the service menu. For some reason, these seem to variously be set to yes or no depending on the model of TV.

PAL AutoYC Ext2
    PAL AutoYC Ext3
    NTSC AutoYC Ext2
    NTSC AutoYC Ext3

You need to make sure they are all set to on. You'll need to google to work out how to access the service menu on your TV.

Steve

3. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Thanks; I think my TV pre-dates those settings - I have options in the service menu for RGB SCART priority but nothing else. It's probably one of the first (still curvy) Sony 50Hz Widescreens, picture is lovely that's why I'm loath to get rid of it...

Reason I'm trying to use the SVideo is because the RGB SCART is muct softer and a bit too colourful - there is no sharpness or colour adjustment possible when the TV is in RGB mode :(

Well maybe time to trade up to something newer.

Thanks anyhow;

James