How to affix speakers to stands.

M

moof

Hi all,

I have just received some Atacama Nexus 7's for my Mission M71i's. The top plates have no screw holes and from memory, my speakers have no provisions for screws either. My preference is not to drill holes in either the speaker stands or speakers

What alternatives are there for affixing the speakers to the stands? I've seen comments ranging from double sided tape to blu-tack.

Malone

In relation to this I have filled my Atacama's with (stone)cat litter they still seem to move as I have LCR6 S2's on them which are quite tall for speakers that sit on stands. Short of bolting the stand to the ground has anyone found an ingenious way to make them sturdy.

Matt

Malone

Hummmmmm...... EvilJohn :D apt :cool:

Bluetack/Glue on a carpet, dont think the mrs would take to that.

Matt :smashin:

M

moof

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like blu-tack gets the nod. I was considering double sided tape.

inzaman

Looks like blu-tack gets the nod. I was considering double sided tape.

Blu-tack definitely, once it has been on for a few days it really holds the speakers in place. Just recently i moved some speakers that had been held onto the stands with blu-tack and they took some yanking to get them off the stands.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom