How to adjust White Balance on Sagem Axium DLP

danson_m

Standard Member
Does anyone know how to change the white levels on a Sagem Axium TV. I have the 50'' and love it - but for sport etc the white is too much and really burns.

I am unable to find a setting where im happy with the picture.

Also, how do you access the Service menu? Is there a backdoor into it?

Thanks

sprattgraham

Novice Member
No Service Menu on the Sagem Axium Range

arfster

Novice Member
If your settings are the result of avia/dve, you may find contrast is too high (I did). Try lower contrast, 52/53 or so, brightness 50, with higher colour to compensate.

C

chachi

Eco, cont 52, bright 50, colour 61 seems best atm for our 56

arfster

Novice Member
Yeah, looking them up, that's pretty much bang on my settings also. It seems when you put contrast up to 53, you get whiteout and lose detail in bright scenes, but at 52 it's just perfect.

C

chachi

arfster said:
Yeah, looking them up, that's pretty much bang on my settings also. It seems when you put contrast up to 53, you get whiteout and lose detail in bright scenes, but at 52 it's just perfect.
:thumbsup:

All my settings are down in the 40's. The set up menu is about as much use as mud flaps on a tortoise TBH. The graphics stay on the screen so you can't see the test patterns underneath it (lesson to be learnt there Sagem :lesson: )

The white level settings are the worst as well - you adjust them up or down and they don't move for 2 or 3 clicks, then they'll move to much on the next click :confused:

I gave up in the end and adjusted the settings using Sky News as a test pattern. Emma Crosby is so much nicer to look at than a couple of black bars :D

danson_m

Standard Member
Thanks for the ideas - my "User" settings are very close to those listed above - so have updated to see if its noticeable.

Have been using "Cinema" for general TV watching and DVDs - and it looks fine.

Its just sport - goal posts / lines etc are far too white. I would agree with Armoured Tiger that the menus are poor.

Having spoken to Sagem on the phone i think there is a way to adjust the white levels but that required an engineer, a day off work etc.

There is a "Service" port on the back but dont know what adjustments if any can be made and if its worth the hassle????

graeme871

Standard Member
Just like to add my thanks also. I too have been having problems but things look better after following the advice given here.
Cheers.

Top Bottom