Question How to adjust volume control on usb speakers connected to Panasonic TV

iman99

Novice Member
Hi!,

I am using a Panasonic LED FHD tv and recently I connected Logitech usb speakers to it. I noticed that by pressing volume up/down on remote control, the speakers volume won't increase. Instead I have to go to the menu and choose the sound volume of the external device and lower it from there.
IS there a way to adjust the volume from the volume up/down key? I believe this can be done with the Vierra link, but the speakers are not Vierra link compatible.
On a Samsung TV that I have this is done automatically. Please help!

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Most Panasonic TVs have the separate control for the headphone control, hence why you cannot control the volume without accessing the menu.

I am not sure there is a way around this. For most, it's useful, as the speakers can be controlled independently from the speakers, but I can see it's a nuisance for you!

iman99

Novice Member
I am aware of what you mentioned, but i need it to be controlled with the volume up and down keys.Its done automatically on my Samsung tv.Ive read that vierra kink can do it, but speakers are not Vierra compatible

iman99

Novice Member
Thanks but I would prefer to use tv's remote.I read that Sony has an option to enable the control of volume of external speakers via the volume.up and down by setting the sound output to external speakers.I cant find it on Panasonic

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
None of the TVs are designed to have speakers plugged into the headphone socket - but that's not to say it can't be done.

Some manufacturers mute the speakers when the headphones are plugged in, so the remote volume control will still work, but Panasonic have often split this out.

Sorry, I don't think there's an easy answer to this.

abeernut

This function may depend on your TV model (and its firmware).

It is possible on my 2017 Panasonic EX780A (EX750 in other countries) for the remote control volume buttons to adjust either the internal speaker or headphone level.
A setting needs to be changed/toggled though.

As mentioned already, on many TVs (if they have a headphone socket) it is common practice that plugging in headphones automatically disconnects the TV internal speaker.
On my model TV the speaker and the headphones can both be working at same time, (though there are settings/options to optionally turn off TV speaker) but remote volume will control one or the other.

To set whether the buttons control the speaker or headphone volume, go to Sound Settings in TV menu and see if you have an option for TV Speaker Setting. (If not, then may not be possible to do what you want).
In TV Speaker Settings (on my TV) there are 3 options - TV Speaker / Headphone / Off.
Selecting Headphone will then allow the remote control buttons to adjust the headphone volume level (TV speaker will be muted).
This volume level also becomes the default for the headphones later if/when the setting is toggled back to TV Speaker (and both work together again but buttons go back to controlling TV speaker level).

Hope this helps and fingers crossed you model TV also has this function/setting.
Good luck finding a solution that works for you.
Cheers.

abeernut

Hi,
This option is not available eventhough I installed the latest firmware :(
A quick look at your model TV Operating Instructions shows there is a menu option for controlling headphone volume.

upload_2019-2-17_21-29-44.png

So you might not have the option to toggle between using the buttons for speaker volume and headphone volume.
But you might be able to access the headphone volume using the remote control by bringing up the Menu - Sound - Headphone Volume.
Not such a direct method, but might be the only solution????
(Not sure if the volume setting would then be adjusted by Up/Down arrows or volume button while the menu is active).

Good luck.
Cheers.

Last edited:

iman99

Novice Member
Hi,
Its kind of an issue to.got to menu - sound menu and then to headphone volume and then press left or right.
Specially for en eldery person who is using the tv.Thats why I am asking

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Hi,
Its kind of an issue to.got to menu - sound menu and then to headphone volume and then press left or right.
As has been pointed out unfortunately that's the only way it can be done on that model.

abeernut

Hi,
Understood.
A pity your TV model limits you to this restriction.

An option may be to use a different plug in speaker system that has its own remote control for volume.
Yes, a hassle to have yet another remote control - unless you are using a universal or programmable remote control which you can add the function to.

Hopefully you find a solution that works.
Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom