How to add stereo Amp to AV Receiver without Preamp outputs, I have Denon AVR X2300W with only Zone 2 audio outputs, can these be used to connect Amp

JohnDoe579

Novice Member
Reaction score
How to Add an External Stereo Amp to AV Receiver without Preamp outputs, I have a Dennon AVR X2300W with only Zone 2 RCA outputs, Can these Outputs be used to connect External Amp and run the Main L+R speakers on it. Is it possible like this or any other methods or options, Please 🙏 help and advise

No that's zone 2

It could be possible to use a high level to low level converter on the left and right speaker terminals to a power amp but I don't know if that will work and how terrible it'll sound..

You're pretty dead in the water if you want to directly connect a stereo amp or power amp to drive the front left and right because of the lack of pre-outs. The Zone 2 is separate and will not work in conjunction with any Main Zone speaker layout.

What is the reason you want to use a stereo amp? If it's for extra power then that's not possible. If it's for a better stereo music presentation and still use your front stereo pair then a speaker switcher such as the Beresford 7220 would be best.

No that's zone 2

It could be possible to use a high level to low level converter on the left and right speaker terminals to a power amp but I don't know if that will work and how terrible it'll sound..
Thanks mate I'll give it a try

No that's zone 2

Thanks mate I'll give it a try
You're pretty dead in the water if you want to directly connect a stereo amp or power amp to drive the front left and right because of the lack of pre-outs. The Zone 2 is separate and will not work in conjunction with any Main Zone speaker layout.

What is the reason you want to use a stereo amp? If it's for extra power then that's not possible. If it's for a better stereo music presentation and still use your front stereo pair then a speaker switcher such as the Beresford 7220 would be best.
Thanks mate,

You will be unable to connect a power amp for the extra power. An extractor will allow audio visual to be taken from the Denon's HDMI output, this will have no bearing on giving extra power and an extractor is used for completely different purpose.

The first model in the Denon line up that allows connection to external amplification is the current X3700. With these models adding power amps is very easy indeed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom