• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to activate/get connected VM broadband without the setup CD?

z3usx

HI

I just had virgin media install 20 meg broadband, but the engineer did not give me a setup CD and told me to call the premium rate tel no.

Is there a way of registering the mac address activating the broadband (not actually sure what needs to be done) without the CD setup - if there is i would appreciate it if you could pass these onto me. I have all the details to hand.

Also if any can let me know what the virgin media dns servers are?

Thanks

bsuttie

It should be possible, in fact I'd recommend not using their setup CD for anything.

Just phone them on
0906 212 1111 and ask to have your modem registered. Tell them that the engineer didn't do this and that you don't expect to be charged for the call.

You can check the modem status by going to 192.168.1.100 once you have it connected and your PC rebooted

Virgin DNS numbers are :

62.31.64.39 or 62.31.112.39 for ex Telewest
194.168.4.100 or 194.168.8.100 for ex NTL

regards

Brian

D

Drew232

actually it depends if your on the ex telewest or exntl network.

Ex-telewest:

Just plug in your modem, that is all.

Ex-NTL:

got to https://autoreg.autoregister.net/ to register you modem if it is your first install otherwise see ex telewest

also, although I don't see why you'd need them, the ex-telewest dns servers are actually
193.38.113.3 primary dns
194.117.157.4 secondary dns

oh and modem config page is 192.168.100.1

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom