1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Access System menu on Sony LS60

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jay007, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Jay007

Jay007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone wanna share the info?

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure TV is in standby mode

Then on the remote press:

i+ (i.e. the info button)
    vol+
    TV display (i.e. the button with the square on top of it)

Then the set will come on and the service menu will be available.

I hope you know what you're doing!!

3. Jay007

Jay007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ain't really going to change anything, i just wanted to know how o do it. I got the TV yesterday for my bedroom as i have quite a few consoles and DivX/DVD player and i had to get a reasonable tv set.

What kind of things can be changed in the System Menu?

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    May I ask how much did you get your LS60 for and is it 32"?

And what you think of the set so far?

5. Jay007

Jay007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the 28inch version as 32 would take to much space of my bedroom.

As for the set, i am very happy with it, although at first i thought the picture quality is very good compare to other TV's in this range. I was dissapointed when playing games but i'm used to playing games on my parents Sony 42" plasma screen but if you have never used a plasma screen then its great. Sound is very good also but i haven't used it much because i'm using my 5.1 system. The overall look of the tv(with Stand) i think is good and looks great along side my Alluminium PC case.

The only problem i have had is when i hooked it up to my PC for Twin Display the picture is very flickery but i'm trying to solve that somehow otherwise i'll just buy another monitor.

6. Jay007

Jay007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also i like that fact that it has 3 scarts and a S-video/composite av ports and that 2 of them are RGB as my DVD/DivX player and US gamecube need a RGB scart inputs so i don't need to constantly change between. I have a multi console link for my other 3 consoles which goes into the third scart and the pc TV link goes in the from S-video port.

Obviously u might not need so many input connections but for me it was much needed.
    I also have to say watching DVDs with a RGB connection is fantastic.

7. Jay007

Jay007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh yeah the Set was £620 from comet, you can probaly find it cheaper on the net but i couldn't be asked with delivery times when i can go pick it up straight away.

By the way in comet it might have the price £747 for the TV but just tell them that on their website its listed for £620 although they did make me buy 5 year cover for another £180 but it is needed.

8. Spinning Plates

Spinning Plates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hey guys i finally took delivery of the set yesterday (32"). I have to say when i first put it on the picture via a Sky Digibox looked like ****. I went to picture settings and changed from Live to Movie which broguht the sharpness down and this helped hugely. One thing is though i couldn't change the sharpness individually so as to make a custom setting (is this what service menu is for?).

The picture though looked great when playing on my Xbox and i put a DVD on for the first time with it (just got dvd remote) and again the picture looked fab.

I dont think the scart lead running from Sky to the TV is too clever, maybe i should fined a decent one.

I got the set as a TV/DVD combo from Unbeatable for £877 and im hoping to get £100 for the DVD player so bringing the price down to £777. UB did make a pricing mistake and had it at £805 but maybe a UB employee saw that someone posted it on this forum as it quickly changed after being posted on here.

9. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (With thanks to Squirrel God)

You can tune your sharpness settings within the personal profile when viewing a source other than RGB; select your VCR, set a sensible sharpness (the one for movie is TOO blunt) and switch back; the new setting will now work with the RGB (sky/DVD) input. A bit of fiddling will finally get sky watchable on this set (and I suppose all sets !)

(Mine is a 28", £600 delivered from comet, who have failed in the last three months to send out ANY sales paperwork....)