1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to access Sky Personal Planner?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Chris Frost, May 28, 2001.

1. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Is this feature specific to certain STBs or common to all?

I've played with the box, watched Sky latest and even read the manual (steady on) but still no clues.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I access this feature on my Pana TU-DSB31?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

2. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chris,

Wow.. might get a chance to help you at last!

I have the Panasonic box with my Sky setup... it was running the old software until a couple of days ago... I was about to try a forced download when it got upgraded overnight!

Couldnt miss the change... the EPG has changed visually and you have an option at the bottom which says (0 - Personal Planner) or something like that... operation is easy after that...

So... I guess you could try a forced download... or just wait until it happens... others on here more knowledgable than I will be better placed to advise you on that...

Hope that helps!

Just noticed your other question on VCRs and Sats... just to let you know that Im using a Philips VCR which has a timer recording option of "Sat".. when this is used with the Panasonic and Personal planner... the Sky box turns on at the approproate time.. records the Sat... then turns everything off after.. very convienent!

Mark.

[ 28-05-2001: Message edited by: MarkT ]

3. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris,

I've got a Panny STB and have tried forcing the download - which it did - but still haven't got the updated software.

I guess there must be a timed rollout for some reason.

Matt

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Thanks for the help guys.

I'm trying to get a forced download to update the STB software. If this doesn't work then I guess I'll have to wait for Sky to roll out the upgrade - hope that won't be too long.

Regards