Answered How to access Service menu on LGSM8100/8200 ?

fced

Standard Member
Hello,
I am experimenting some trouble with my LG SM8100 (Nanocell) WebOS 0360.03, After moving in Europe, I would like to set the LG Shop country on France, or any European country, but it is set on Africa countries, and no way to find any European country..
I have read somewhere, changing country or region is possible with the Service Menu (EZ-Adjust), but with the "new" Magic Remote I can't found how to access this menu (no OK/Menu button - I don't see any "Menu" on remote control buttons).

Any help please ?

Thanks

Ced

SeeMoreDigital

Can you not just use the buttons on the TV?
Agreed...

You should be able to change your location by visiting: All Settings -> General -> Location

Failing that you might see two dashes at the end of the country list...

Cheers

fced

Standard Member
Sadly, no, I have only African countries, at the bottom of the list I have "Others", I tried it sooner, and the TV asked to restart the OSD, but after that, the country list was the same, I don't have access to other continents (Europe, North/South America,...)
I have read on forums/google LG TV lock the region setting and you have to go through the Service Menu (hidden menu) to set another region...
I have no idea how to reach this "Service Menu / EZ Adjust menu", it seem the key combination don't work with the new LG magic remote or I haven't fount it yet..

fced

Standard Member
The 49SM8100 have only one button under the TV panel (sort of multi function button)
I tried to press the remote control setting button + TV power button at same time during 10 seconds, the tv rebooted, but no service menu appeared
I tried also the remote control center button ("Ok" button) + TV power button at same time during 10 seconds, the tv rebooted, but no service menu appeared

To be honest this new remote is completely different than the one I have seen on tutorials, so I may have done something wrong...

How to Display the Secret Menu in LG TVs

Someone said on reddit the Smartify iPhone software can do the enable the Service menu, but it is not specified if it is the paid version or the free one. I tried the free and have seen nothing like that..

Last edited:

Dodgexander

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2911826-lg-oled-2017-service-menu-c7-b7-e7-etc.html

You can use a universal remote/traditional (non smart) LG remote or an app that lets you send the correct IR code for the service code via a phone. For the app to work your phone needs to have an IR sender. Most phones don't come with them any more but if you have an iPhone you could do this: This Smart Lightning-Based Mini IR Blaster Turns iPhone Into A Universal Remote Control For Everything

fced

Standard Member
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2911826-lg-oled-2017-service-menu-c7-b7-e7-etc.html

You can use a universal remote/traditional (non smart) LG remote or an app that lets you send the correct IR code for the service code via a phone. For the app to work your phone needs to have an IR sender. Most phones don't come with them any more but if you have an iPhone you could do this: This Smart Lightning-Based Mini IR Blaster Turns iPhone Into A Universal Remote Control For Everything
Thank you for your answer, so the @*# magic remote can't do the trick ... Good to know..
Yes I have an iPhone 6s, and I can get an IR Blaster, at least I hope I can find a lightning based IR blaster where I live...
Or I will see if I can found an universal remote (non smart) here...
Thank you for your help..
Cedric

fced

Standard Member
Possibly much better value for money to get a "One-For-All" programmable remote.....?
Probably, and it depend what I found here ... I live in Morocco and usually you don't buy exactly what you want but from what they have... It is what happened with the LG TV I got, I wanted a 43" SM8100, but it isn't on the market here, so I had to go for the 50" (I needed to change the tray of my tv stand because of this)...
I will see what I found among universal remote (this I am sure they have plenty) and if there is nothing compatible I will get an IR Blaster for iPhone + lightning->USB cable...

fced

Standard Member
Here is what I have found, I hope one of those will permit me to enter service menu...
LG Old Remote (Tested and work) : Imgur
LG Compatible (as the vendor have said) : Imgur
Universal Remote 1 : Imgur

I am not very sure I understood how to enter service menu on LG 2019 TV (SM8100/8200/8600), what are the Key combination please ?

Thanks
Ced

fced

Standard Member
I tried with those 3 remotes :
- Pressing Menu button on remote + Button on TV during 20 secs, the tv reboot but nothing else happen
- Pressing OK button on remote + Button on TV during 20 secs, the tv reboot but nothing else happen but nothing happen except the live tv banner flashing..

I thought getting a standard LG Remote (not magic) would work but I am disappointed, nothing work.
Am I wrong with the keys combination ? did I miss something ?
Any thought ?
Ced

Last edited:

SeeMoreDigital

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

fced

Standard Member
You may also want to consider this Vinabty Factory SVC remote control, which offers the "all important" 'IN START' and 'IN STOP' buttons...
Yeah I would like to know what you mean too...

To be honest with the 3 remotes I got I haven't been able to enter service mode, and I am starting to wonder if it is possible to get this menu with my TV (hopefully those remotes costed me almost nothing, 12 $ env) ...

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme