How to access service menu on LG OLED?

sebna

Hi all,

I am looking for a way of accessing service menu on LG OLEDS to be specific C6 and C9.

I used to access it with app on my phone and its IR blaster but I have new phone without IR blaster and app no longer starts on the old phone.

I should have record IR signal to open service menu on my Logitech harmony but I did not...

Any advice? Is there a way to get it on harmony through web, etc.?

Is there any hidden button press combination on magic remote?

Can it be done over wi-fi?

How do you do it?

Cheers

markymiles

Distinguished Member
If you get a Harmony remote you can get to the service menu easily as there's a command already in there "in-start". Not sure about the C6 as it's a few generations ago now, but it will definitely work on the C9. Worked on my B8 and works on my CX.

sebna

If you get a Harmony remote you can get to the service menu easily as there's a command already in there "in-start". Not sure about the C6 as it's a few generations ago now, but it will definitely work on the C9. Worked on my B8 and works on my CX.

Will check it. Thanks for the hint.

MaKa

Standard Member
I came across this a little while ago on the doom9 forum: GitHub - chros73/bscpylgtv: Library to control webOS based LG TV devices and am surprised it hasn't gained more attention. In fact, searching here shows that @chros is actually present on this forum and has linked to it a few times previously.

I've used it to enter the service menu on my GX to get the power on time. Should work for your C9 but can't comment on the C6.

There is a Windows executable under releases, you should be fine with the lite version. If you copy and paste the command, just be mindful on how 'terminal' interprets the double quote.
For example, in PowerShell this would throw an error:
Code:
.\bscpylgtvcommand.exe 192.168.1.18 launch_app_with_params com.webos.app.factorywin "{\"id\":\"executeFactory\", \"irKey\":\"inStart\"}"
whereas this will run the command:
Code:
.\bscpylgtvcommand.exe 192.168.1.18 launch_app_with_params com.webos.app.factorywin '{\"id\":\"executeFactory\", \"irKey\":\"inStart\"}'

chros

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom