How to access media streamer from computer over network?

juniperpansy

Standard Member
Hi, I'm trying to get my computer to connect to the hard drive on my media streamer so I can upload files to it. (its a bluetimes bt3550b)

Its easy to access my computer from the media streamer but I am having trouble figuring out how to do it the other way around... I can't find any info on this.

Any ideas to get me started?

Thanks,
Ian

NX3

So the HDD is connected to your media box and you want to access it from your PC ? Does your mediaplayer even allow that ?

juniperpansy

Standard Member
So the HDD is connected to your media box and you want to access it from your PC ? Does your mediaplayer even allow that ?
Yep, I have my HD inside the media player.

It has a 'samba process' that I turned on. I entered the IP address of the media streamer and a test cgi script came up. LOL

Good point though, I will contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

juniperpansy

Standard Member
Ok the company helped me figure it out. I just needed to enter \\ followed by the ip adress

eg. \\192.168.0.199

The upload speed is only a painfully slow 1MB/s though... the wireless n dongle it is connected to looks pretty cheap though... any ideas?

NX3

What speed is the wifi dongle connected it ? Most media players don't have powerful general purpose cpus so anything beyond media player they are quite slow.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom