1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to access Loewe Aventos service menu?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by sr78, Jan 13, 2004.

1. sr78

sr78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I just received my Loewe Aventos 3781, and I'm rather happy with it. There is one small geometry adjustment I'd like to make though: objects in the center of the screen are a bit horizontally squashed. I think this can be adjusted in the service menu, but I don't know how to access it. If I press the Menu button on the set, it brings up some controls, and at the bottom it lists service menu, but I can't access it.

Three questions:
    How to access the menu?
    Is there a service manual available?
    If not, which setting would I need to adjust?

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    There's some useful information on Loewe Service Menu's here which you might find helpful. It's written by a Xelos owner but I know the information has also been used by Vitros owners without problems - there's nothing to suggest the information suggested shouldn't also be the same for the Aventos - worth a try at the very least :)

All of the individual settings are explained so you can tell "what does what" - do make sure that you write down the original settings before you make any changes however so that you can start again if it all goes wrong.

Good Luck :)

K.

3. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +631
    press the Menu button on the set and select the service menu and then very quickly press the M button on the remote control.

You will see the geometry menu (Second down) Do make sure you write everything down first.

mij

4. sr78

sr78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks, I got in :)

Haven't found what I was looking for unfortunately. There's one function which scared me a bit, V-slope. When I adjusted it the bottom half of the screen went black. Leaving the service menu didn't give me back my screen. Unplugging the power lead did. However, the V-slope might just be what I'm looking for, it adjust something in the vertical plane (duh), but I'm not quite sure what, and it's hard to make out with only half a screen, and the other half partially obscured by the service menu. Anyone?