How times/people change.

Pawsher

Established Member
Reaction score
Have always been into the latest gadget etc since I was a teenager, hi-fi's, game consoles, mobiles,iPods, anything Apple etc, but now I'm 50 I keep reminiscing.

I'm now after buying an old 60/70's record player, Dansette preferably, for that 'old' feel.
I've sold all my records and stuff, so gonna start buying them all …. again :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyone else done this ?

Have always been into the latest gadget etc since I was a teenager, hi-fi's, game consoles, mobiles,iPods, anything Apple etc, but now I'm 50 I keep reminiscing.

I'm now after buying an old 60/70's record player, Dansette preferably, for that 'old' feel.
I've sold all my records and stuff, so gonna start buying them all …. again :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyone else done this ?

Did sell all my records from the 60's onwards in 2004 when I moved to the states (actually sold virtually everything videos/DVDs/all electronics/furniture etc)

Wished I had kept the records but got a really good price at auction for some of them.

Used to buy the newest phone/clothes etc but flow still using a IPhone 4 and haven't bought a new shirt in 2 years (averaged a £50-150 shirt a month before)

Maybe it's age, but not to interested in the latest everything now. Would rather buy a nice watch instead.

I bought an Amiga 1200 a few years ago- I have no regrets even though I can't have it out and in use too often due to space constraints.

All my vinyl is still in the loft

Waiting.......

no way. Got lots of old northern soul, r and b and mod collectables. Could never get rid of them. Worth a bit some of them as well :)

I loved a couple of series in the seventies - namely love thy neighbour and on the buses. Really hilarious at the time. Utterly inane now.

Fine if you listen to it, but the world moves on. I too have a wife who hangs on to her vinyl. Don't know why as you can download it any time, but she never does. And we haven't been able to play them for decades.

I do think the 'maybe it will be worth something some day' sentiment keeps people hanging on to them. They are worth something to them as they paid handsomely in the day.

Not saying you shouldn't, but maybe you find they are not quite how you remember then back in the day.

I loved a couple of series in the seventies - namely love thy neighbour and on the buses. Really hilarious at the time. Utterly inane now.

Fine if you listen to it, but the world moves on. I too have a wife who hangs on to her vinyl. Don't know why as you can download it any time, but she never does. And we haven't been able to play them for decades.

I do think the 'maybe it will be worth something some day' sentiment keeps people hanging on to them. They are worth something to them as they paid handsomely in the day.

Not saying you shouldn't, but maybe you find they are not quite how you remember then back in the day.

I still listen to the songs. Just have them all on mp3s for convenience. Still go to northern soul clubs as well

I know a few are worth a few quid cos I check them out occasionally. Just hard to get rid of them. Too many memories :)

I can relate to that. Just the medium never meant much as I bought on vinyl, then tape, then cd...
Guess I'm not a soft old hector!

no way. Got lots of old northern soul, r and b and mod collectables. Could never get rid of them. Worth a bit some of them as well :)

Respect :thumbsup: Northern Soul/Mod stuff just doesn't sound the same on cd …… needs that 'raw' sound :smashin::smashin:

Absolutely not. Get a grip man!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Used to think the same tbh, rang my mum if she still had my Dansette from when I was a kid ….. got threw out long ago, I've been left home 30 years apparently.

I wanted that :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Couldn't agree more, I was absolutely staggered how good vinyl sounds on the decent audio system that I now have... :devil:

I'm 43 - and after a recent death of an old school mate (heart attack) I've been listening to some old indie stuff from ~1986 that I'd bought on cd a few years ago (but never really listened to) - but they did sound great over the last few days...

you cna check to see if they on the likes of youtube as a lot of stuff will be very dated tho...

C4'd a tank earlier, gave me a massive sense of satisfaction! Other than that, I've spent 45 minutes running around getting killed by vehicles... Boring!!! TDM is my favorite flavour...

C4'd a tank earlier, gave me a massive sense of satisfaction! Other than that, I've spent 45 minutes running around getting killed by vehicles... Boring!!! TDM is my favorite flavour...

Brilliantly off-topic! I know which thread it should have been posted on :rotfl:

Ok, so I look like a dick I was reading multiple threads and thought Shodan was posting on the 'Broken Man' thread....my bad.

After re-reading it is still slightly OT though in my defence

Last edited:
Once a massive gamer.... Now have a child who needs occupying every waking hour of every day and never sleeps.

Once a massive gamer....

Once a massive gamer.... Now have a child who needs occupying every waking hour of every day and never sleeps.

Once a massive gamer....

Turn the child into a massive gamer :)

Mine has to be dragged off the Xbox kicking and screaming. Good old Mac address filtering ;)

I used to be very different as a kid, but i think being 19 im still considered a kid by many haha, point being i think people change the most during the earlier years, im still changing even now. just thinking back to a year ago..... Less energy, more sleep, less care haha im really sinking into the student ways :p

Turn the child into a massive gamer :)

Mine has to be dragged off the Xbox kicking and screaming. Good old Mac address filtering ;)

It's quite different with a girl. At present were having no end of tantrums kicking and biting add to this nursery fees are sky high and the result is my gaming days are completely gone!

I've now become one of those people who worry about bills and what the heck the government is doing for the working class such as myself.

Life has changed.

I used to be a gamer.....

45 here and never happier when listening to my old vinyl (early 80's new romantic/ new wave or 50/60/70's rock).

But still love monging out playing Diablo 3 on the kids Xbox 360... or FF on the PS1.

Love gaming and music.

But like the OP I'm just not now 'excited' as I used to be by tech. In fact I'm actively looking for a reel to reel to mount on the wall..

I bought an Amiga 1200 a few years ago- I have no regrets even though I can't have it out and in use too often due to space constraints.

i still pine for my amiga 500, sensible soccer on there with your mates around was something else, no other version ever matched it, or any modern footy game imo.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom