• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How the West Was Won - UK Blu Ray

greath

Standard Member
I was wondering, does anyone know if the UK blu ray version of How The West Was Won comes in the digipack package, with the book, like the US version.

Also, does Bonnie and Clyde UK release also come with the digipack?

gregww1

I could be wrong, but I believe we just get the standard packaging over here, the digibooks are US only (like I say, I could be wrong though).

neeek

I was wondering, does anyone know if the UK blu ray version of How The West Was Won comes in the digipack package, with the book, like the US version.

Also, does Bonnie and Clyde UK release also come with the digipack?
I have them and they're both in standard UK blue Amaray cases (i.e. slightly wider than the US ones). How The West Was Won has a cardboard slipcase too, Bonnie and Clyde doesn't.
No booklet at all in Bonnie and Clyde, I haven't opened How The West Was Won yet. I'll have a look tonight.

RicsterG

I have them and they're both in standard UK blue Amaray cases (i.e. slightly wider than the US ones). How The West Was Won has a cardboard slipcase too, Bonnie and Clyde doesn't.
No booklet at all in Bonnie and Clyde, I haven't opened How The West Was Won yet. I'll have a look tonight.

No booklet.

Bogi

Hi
The US version is totally region free, even for the extras. They've even included Swedish subtitles...

So it's a safe buy.

Cheers

greath

Standard Member
Thanks for all of the information. It's a shame that we get the same disc features but miss out on the whole package.

HummerUK

Drat, I just came back from the USA and if I had realised the UK version was "sub standard" to the American release I would have picked up a copy.

Over seven minutes on the end of the movie with the stupid copyright messages in hundreds of languages.

Why can't this "advanced" format just show you the one in the language you have the player set to?

HummerUK

BrianPK

What's the picture quality and sound like? I'd imagine the colours are wonderful.It's years since I saw this in the movies and any time I watched it on tv since, it was always very poor quality.
When I finally stop buying HD DVDs(now at about 140,and still another 20 or so to get once their prices drop) this will be one of the first discs I buy once I go Blu:)

What's the picture quality and sound like? I'd imagine the colours are wonderful.It's years since I saw this in the movies and any time I watched it on tv since, it was always very poor quality.
When I finally stop buying HD DVDs(now at about 140,and still another 20 or so to get once their prices drop) this will be one of the first discs I buy once I go Blu:)

Picture quality is outstanding especially the curved smilebox version :).
Although u lose a tiny amount of the edges on the curved version.
But only a tiny amount about half the width of a person.

Sound is pretty good but i was amazed at the picture to be honest :)

BrianPK

Picture quality is outstanding especially the curved smilebox version :).
Although u lose a tiny amount of the edges on the curved version.
But only a tiny amount about half the width of a person.

Sound is pretty good but i was amazed at the picture to be honest :)

Great!:thumbsup: I'm looking forward to getting it after Christmas.:)

HummerUK

Disc is also reviewed on this very site How the West Was Won Blu-ray review at AVForums.com

I found the movie very good and they have made a good job of clearing up the joints caused byt the three camera system.

Also no five minutes of adverts for other movies before the feature starts...

HummerUK

BrianPK

Thanks.I had a read and it's exactly as I remember it........crap story but the scenery looked wonderful and bright.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom