HOW THE HELL do you...

T

testingtimes

...change a folders properties inb Windows XP.

This has been driving my NUTS for the last 40 minutes. I could do it in Windows 98, but in Windows XP I've not got any idea.

If I've not explained this clearly I'll embellish.

The purpose is to add to a web folder on a server a piece of script which will restrict access to people from my company only. I've got that script, but I can't open up the folders giblets and innards to insert the script and then save it up again.

I remember messing about in windows 98 before where I copied the code from the Programmes and Windows folders on the C:/ drive (the ones that flashed up the warning message 'editing content in this folder may cause damages' etc) so that when a certain folder in My Documents was opend it said something along the lines of 'My folder Keep Out!'.

If you like, when you view the "source" of a web page (view/source) I want to do the same with a folder in Windows XP.

BUT I CAN'T DO IT!

ARGH!

I'm going out for a fag now - hopefuly when I return someone would of been kind enough to tell me...

Dan L

You need to change security permissions on the folder?

T

testingtimes

Thanks for the response, but I don't think that's what I'm after - that is if you're refereing to just right clicking the folder and adjusting the security settings from within properties.

The restrictions I wish to impose are more specific than just starting blanket bars on reading or writing to the folder.

Any more suggestions?

Dan L

So...you want to set security permissions to a web-accessible folder to certain people, where they can enter a username & password to get to it?

Just guessing really, I'm not 100% sure what you are after tbh.

Top Bottom