How the cards work

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by SVSteve, Apr 27, 2007.

1. SVSteve

SVSteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Despite swearing off Sky a few years back I need to get back on board as the PBF Vs DLH boxing match is coming up on pay-per-view. We still have the old sattalite dish up so I just want to pick up a box on eBay (suggestions very welcome as to which one, not interested in Hard drives etc. as I'll prob switch to HD when they lower the rip off prices. Just a good standard box), plug it in and phone Sky to hook it up.

After waiting an hour on the phone are they going to ask me about the card? Some box's sell with them some don't. Should I get one without and get Sky to send me one when I sign up?

Cheers,
    Steve

2. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    the boxes don't come with the sky card. Sky send it to you when you sign up.

3. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    A box might come with a card if you buy one off eBay. Gives you a few weeks free viewing before you have to sign up for a subscription.

4. SVSteve

SVSteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK cool, Thanks guys.

5. superbike999

superbike999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    According to tonights Friday fight night, the Mayweather v DLH fight is on Sky Sports 1, not PPV. Makes a change. Probably because they've been putting crappy fights on lately & ITV have been showing all the good ones.
    (apart from David Haye tonight, which was very good),

Dave

6. banji

banji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the big fights in america apart from if hatton is fighting is always on ss1 at 2am only hatton is ppv over here