• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How tall should stands be for B&W CDM-1SE?

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I would recommend something around the 50-60cm mark. Ideally you want to tweeter to be as close to ear level as possible, so unless you sit on the floor when you listen to Hi-Fi then 40cm is probably too low.

goatywoaty

Prominent Member
Yeah your right, 40cm looks really low looking at it! Cheers chris

What stands a good ones to look out for on the 2nd hand market?

Thanks for the advice!

Knightshade

Established Member
Excellent stands for the money. Good and strong, solid construction that can easily be mass loaded. Don't take too much notice of the level on top and you'll be fine.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I take it they are second hand, Atacama have not made the SE24 for quite some time now. The current version is called the SE6.

BenW

Established Member
I use some soundstyle ST122 which are VERY well made and sturdy. They need to be mass loaded and the top plate is a little bit small but overall they're excellent. Managed to get a great deal due to a pricing error too :)

goatywoaty

Prominent Member
Yep the SE24 havent been made for a while but I dont think speaker stand 'technology' can really 'advance' to be fair lol

Just some look better than others...I quite like the look of Partington Dreadnaughts :D If only I could get my hands on a pair of those!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom