How tall is the PS3?

RichKS

Guys,

I don't currently own a PS3, but inevitably will sooner or later. I'm putting up some new shelving to put my AV and gaming kit on. I want to make sure that there's enough room between shelves to put a PS3 on there vertically, with enough clearance for air-flow etc.

How far apart do the shelves need to be?

Cheers,

Rich

AJUK

Guys,

I don't currently own a PS3, but inevitably will sooner or later. I'm putting up some new shelving to put my AV and gaming kit on. I want to make sure that there's enough room between shelves to put a PS3 on there vertically, with enough clearance for air-flow etc.

How far apart do the shelves need to be?

Cheers,

Rich

PS3 - Height: 98mm, Width: 325mm, Depth: 274mm ;)

RichKS

So shelves 400 mm apart ought to be fine then.

Cheers! I assume there aren't any ports or anything to plug in on that side/top?

lp/mk

:thumbsup:
Hi mate its 10 cm high when lying down, or 33cm standing up
and just for ref it's 17cm deapth
Hope this helps!

RichKS

When it's standing up, there are air vents at the top, right? But no ports on that edge or anything?

RunDMC

No ports, but you'll want quite a lot of air clearance above it. There is some hot, hot air coming out of the top (stood up).

geomuss

remember add extra inches for the SUPER DOOPER AIR COOLER, WATER PROPELLED THINGMY BOB that will be introduced later on to cool it a further 1 degree. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom