1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How strange - Plasma / ADSL probelm

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by helpme, Jun 18, 2004.

1. helpme

helpme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just hooked up my PWD6 - looks great :thumbsup: !! ......But I have just solved my ADSL modem sync problem - Its the Plasma!! why ?

I have a D-Link DSL-300G+ Modem with a Netgear wireless router. When I switch the plasma on, my modem link loses sync and drops the connection. Its fine if the plasma is switched off or in standby, only when switch on.

I have checked the plasma power cord which has 2 ferrite core fitted.

I have also tried a speedtouch 330 ADSL modem - same problem.

Any one else experince the same probelm or know what it might be ?

Help :lease: !!

Thanks in advance.

2. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the D Link DSL300-T ADSL modem connected to the Netgear 108MB Wireless Router/Firewall which is then connected to a laptop with a 108MB Netgear PCMCIA card

and i have no problems atall with the conection when my new panny PWD6 is turned on?

Very strange problem you have there

3. helpme

helpme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke to Panasonic Customer care yesterday - they have said the plasam can cause interference and if the screen is placed too close to the phone socket this may be the cause – my screen is about 1.5 meter from a bt socket, but the modem is on another extension about 3.5/4 meters away other side of brick wall!! I have disconnected all other extension from the master socket including the one closest to the plasma and left one extension connected in the bedroom (opposite side of the house to the plasma), connected in my modem on this and same problem.

Its a pain, can't watch TV & Surf at the same time!

4. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed that my wireless network (and philips video senders) don't work too well near my plasma.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    video senders are def. a problem, but wireless network? I have 5 plasmas within 10ft of a wireless access point. Not ADSL internet, so can't comment directly on that. They certainly interfere with stuff though, I spent hours getting rid of speaker hum at a client's this week. I used a power strip meant for PC's eventually, try Russ Andrews mains stuff, maybe a 'clean' power supply to the modem would help.

6. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My wireless problem may have been unlrelated to the plasma, it seemed fine last night.

7. chestnuts

chestnuts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I also have a similar problem with panasonic pwd6 and us robotics adsl modem/gateway. I've had to disconnect the wiring for the extension socket nearest the plasma from the previous socket. This has allowed my adsl link to sync up properly.

It's no use just disconnecting the socket itself, if you leave the wiring in place it appears that it acts as an aerial and picks up interference from the plasma.

The wiring causing the problem is about 5 metres long and about 0.5 - 1.5 metres from the plasma.

I might give panasonic a call next week and see what they've got to say on the matter.

Steve.

8. RegionalTelecom

RegionalTelecom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try changing your internal telephone cable to STP twisted cable (Shielded twisted pair) this should inhibit any interference between Plasma and telephone line.