How should I spend £800?

Julian Cohen

Novice Member
I was (un)fortunate enough to have a power surge which took out a lot of my stuff. Looking to replace my Cambridge Audio Azur amp and horrid tannoy speakers. I'm looking at £800, but it's not strict, perhaps less, perhaps a little more. I will be looking to connect:

• Airplay - Music
  • TV
  • Playstaion
  • Digital set top box (although I guess the TV handles this)
Although it will likely be used more for TV, my priority I suppose lies with Music.

A remote for the amp is a must, and i'm a fan of build quality, so something that looks nice, and LED display is a bonus. It will be sat in your average living room.

-- EDIT:
I should have mentioned that I have already received some great suggestions on speakers. So I am more interested on yours guys opinions for the amplifier.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Sorry, but are you looking for a stereo integrated amplifier or a surround sound AV receiver? Also what are the speakers you are considering seeing as they may have some influence on the choice of amplifier or AV receiver you partner with them. Is the £800 for just the amp or must this buy both the amp and the speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom