How should I arrange my rear surrounds?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by steve 111, Oct 19, 2004.

1. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Planning to upgrade from 5.1 to 7.1. I currently have my left and right surrounds (MA Bronze BFX) in bi-pole mode level with my seating position.

My seating position is approx. 4 feet in front of the back wall and I want to mount my centre rears on the wall.

I've heard that for centre rear channels you are better off going for mono-pole speakers. Is this correct? If so what could I buy to match my Bronze B4s that are wall mountable?

If this isn't correct I will probably buy another pair of BFXs. If I do how should the 4 surrounds then be arranged, bi-pole, di-pole, or a mix of both?

2. ab1385

ab1385

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    In your position I'd probably get a pair of Bronze B2s for the rears, and just buy a normal speaker bracket, and keep the BFXs level with your seating position.

I really cant remember fully, but I think dipole is best for sides. :)

3. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Monopoles are generally recommended for rears in a 5.1 setup aimed at multichannel music/dvd-a/sacd.

I have a similar layout to you and have gone dipole sides, level and just above seating position (MA Gsx) and bipole rears, again just above head height (MA Sfx).

I would suggest MA Bfx dipole sides and another pair of Bfx as bipole rears for 7.1 movies.

HTH

Gus