How often is your choice of film influenced by the days events?

stealther

Novice Member
Last night I watched Alien and started to watch Aliens. It got me thinking what made me want to watch it. As it turns out it was the fact that several people had mentioned there liking of these films yesterday on the forums that reminded me that I had not watched them in a long time.

It occurred to me that more often than not my choice of film is affected by the events of the day.

Just wondered what thoughts people have on this subject?

Seth Gecko

retired member
Only factors for me are mood, necessity or preference - the days events don't really figure into it in the way yours did.

Depending on my mood, I may choose a horror over a comedy or vice versa - or sometimes I'll go to a favourite (Se7en for example).

Necessity can be that I have to do a review urgently over another (Harry Potter, for example, had to be done as soon as it arrived).

Preference - sometimes I get 2 or 3 movies (either review or personally) and will choose the one I've been most looking forward to. (Example, out of 3 disks I'm expecting, I'm looking forward to seeing Memoirs of a Geisha over the other 2).

Ger

Seth Gecko said:
Preference - sometimes I get 2 or 3 movies (either review or personally) and will choose the one I've been most looking forward to. (Example, out of 3 disks I'm expecting, I'm looking forward to seeing Memoirs of a Geisha over the other 2).
What were the other 2? (what's MOAG's competition?).

I don't think I am affected by the day's events at all. Just watch what I feel like at the time (sometimes bypass new disks I haven't watched yet for an old favourite).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom