• Once or twice month

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Never

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

NeilF

How often do you find the remote control (& buttons on the front) do nothing?

Typically you have to turn the thing off at the mains...

Might be interesting if you post your reply as well, along with your make? Pace, Thompson or Amstrad, and if the device is open to the air or in a cabinet (or if it's been modified etc).

suffolkdave

Novice Member
Hi,

I voted 'rarely' as its only happened on a couple of occasions, and re-booting sorted it out.

I have an Amstrad PVR3, it is used for several hours daily and initially suffered with the common sound/picture drop-outs when it was placed in a hifi cabinet with all my other equipment.

Since moving it out, so it is freestanding on a table alongside the cabinet, I have hardly experienced any sound or picture issues.

David

Last edited:
Amstrad PVR3 only locked up twice on the past two years. Unmodified and stacked with other PVRs BUT 2" spacers between each.

If fitting in cabinets then fit a fan to the cabinet itself - there is very little point fitting different fans to the digibox or leaving the lid up if the cabinet is keeping the heat in.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG SN7CY Soundbar Review, Hisense 55U7Q, LG Nano90, Best of the Month, B+W Sigourney Weaver
Top Bottom