• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

how often do you use your cameras

eduk

Distinguished Member
During the winter months I hibernate. :laugh: Now it's getting warmer I'll be out a lot of Sundays at the airport. I'll also take the camera to work on occasion just to get out at lunch onto the hilltops.

shotokan101

Banned
I carry a compact everywhere - don't shoot as much as I used to but it's handy for when the notion takes me or something of interest pops up :)

I shoot several hundred shots when away on Hols though and take a larger sensor camera with me for those.

Jim

shotokan101

Banned
...keeping the door open in your office doesn't count :nono:

shotokan101

Banned
That's why choosing the right size of camera is soooo important ;)

KinG3o0o

Novice Member
when i travel or go someplace for leisure i tend to carry my dslr with me.. apart from that.. when i am with out me nikon.. i have the iphone lol..

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Had the intention to use at least once a week when not on holiday (when it gets extensive use) but just don't have the time or anywhere interesting to shoot nearby that I haven't shot before.
Therefore at the moment it's maybe once a month if that :(

Again, once the sun is out then I'll take it on our walks etc... and come October it'll be used extensively for baby pics!
:)

shotokan101

Banned
...and Congrats to you! :thumbsup:

terry_gardener

Had the intention to use at least once a week when not on holiday (when it gets extensive use) but just don't have the time or anywhere interesting to shoot nearby that I haven't shot before.

Again, once the sun is out then I'll take it on our walks etc... and come October it'll be used extensively for baby pics!
congrats on the new baby.

CFC1

Distinguished Member
Any chance that I can. Usually 2 or 3 evenings during the week and all weekends too. Might be several hundred shots ... or just a handful.

bobbymax

Holidays or family /friends gatherings mainly.
Oh and a couple of fancy dress parties lately.:D

FlyingShrapnel

If you're @Dancook it is permanently glued to your face wherever you go. :D

I use mine a lot less than I would like to, and it's probably only seen the light of day a couple of times this year. :(
If I don't use my camera for a day or two I start to feel down.. :(
you mean to say @Dancook has a face glued to his camera right? :D:laugh:

Best of luck with the baby :clap:

back on topic, i have been using it mostly for work recently because theres not much to photograph around where I am, I feel like I have "done" it all :( but yh, holidays is another one for me, carrying SLR gear is such a chore though :rolleyes:

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Wish I'd taken my camera with me on a walk down the Basingstoke canal yesterday. Saw some perfect opportunities such as Moorhens in their nests on the canal and beautiful swans. Was just a shopping trip so didn't bother taking it, doh! Definitely next time though and am tempted to try street photography but not sure I have the balls ;)

Actually I'm waiting for Dan to buy the whole range of Micro 4/3s lenses (which he seems well on his way to doing) and posting pics so that I can see which are worth getting :D

Thanks for the baby congrats - will promise not to post too many pictures

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Wish I'd taken my camera with me on a walk down the Basingstoke canal yesterday. Saw some perfect opportunities such as Moorhens in their nests on the canal and beautiful swans. Was just a shopping trip so didn't bother taking it, doh! Definitely next time though and am tempted to try street photography but not sure I have the balls ;)

Actually I'm waiting for Dan to buy the whole range of Micro 4/3s lenses (which he seems well on his way to doing) and posting pics so that I can see which are worth getting :D

Thanks for the baby congrats - will promise not to post too many pictures

I just bought the 25mm 1.4 today :)

I understood the rattlesnake noise was the continual EVF/LCD adjustment to the fluorescent lights flickering in the store. Turning off flicker reduction or going outside fixed it..

shotokan101

Banned
I just bought the 25mm 1.4 today :)

I understood the rattlesnake noise was the continual EVF/LCD adjustment to the fluorescent lights flickering in the store. Turning off flicker reduction or going outside fixed it..

....bit odd how that could make a noise...

shotokan101

Banned
I think it was constantly trying to adjust the aperture blades because the exposure kept changing perhaps. Might be wrong there though... something changes mechanically to compensate it seems

I see what you're saying but my understanding was that feature was "superficial" as opposed to "functional" - no exposure impact just "how it looks in the evf"

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom