How Often Do You Eat Out?

How often do you eat out?

• Total voters
No, you said you don't eat out at all.
Which is completely different from avoiding the sorts of places kids are most likely to eat.
Like I said, your loss.
I don't eat out.
Main reason among others, is other people's annoying children.
Not my loss at all, as it's something I don't enjoy.

Double bonus: no-one has to listen to your moaning while they are eating...

Very considerate of you :thumbsup:

I don't eat out.
Main reason among others, is other people's annoying children.
Not my loss at all, as it's something I don't enjoy.

But you'd enjoy eating out if it wasn't for kids?
So maybe avoid Harvester-type restaurants, or maybe go out a bit later?

We used to go out 3 or 4 nights a week, we'd found 3 restaurants we liked and stuck to them. But since we moved four years ago we've tried a few places in our adopted city and tried some recommended by others but never found anywhere we liked. Because of this and money being tight we virtually stopped going out. We cook much more at home, no parking problems, no waiting for a table, to be served etc and far more healthy and cost effective. We also have family and friends round more and everyone is more relaxed and sociable than if you're going out. We know only go out on birthdays or christmas.

But you'd enjoy eating out if it wasn't for kids?
So maybe avoid Harvester-type restaurants, or maybe go out a bit later?
No, that's just one reason.
I wouldn't dream of going to a Harvester type anyway, dreadful places with crap food

I wouldn't dream of going to a Harvester type anyway, dreadful places with crap food

So, come on then, because I'm intrigued.
What sorts of restaurants do you go that kids are a problem?
Because we eat out a fair bit, and we can easily identify restaurants more likely to have kids than others.
It's not a super-power.

We also have family and friends round more and everyone is more relaxed and sociable than if you're going out.

I'm the complete opposite, any sort of social gathering in someone's house has me reaching for the book of excuses.
I need to be 'out', any form of house party/meal has me pacing around their house like a caged animal.
My friends find it funny when we sometimes go round to their houses prior to going out.
I will wear out their carpet looking outside for the taxi.

So, come on then, because I'm intrigued.
What sorts of restaurants do you go that kids are a problem?
Because we eat out a fair bit, and we can easily identify restaurants more likely to have kids than others.
It's not a super-power.
I don't, but there's nothing stopping people taking their kids into anywhere.
As you say more likely, but that doesn't mean one screaming child couldn't ruin everyone's evening.
It's a personal thing, I'd rather eat my dinner in peace, rather than being in a room full of strangers with even stranger eating habits.

I'm the complete opposite, any sort of social gathering in someone's house has me reaching for the book of excuses.
I need to be 'out', any form of house party/meal has me pacing around their house like a caged animal.
My friends find it funny when we sometimes go round to their houses prior to going out.
I will wear out their carpet looking outside for the taxi.
I've always wondered if that's a cultural thing? Indian people love entertaining and the more the merrier but I find only two of our white friends will regularly attend, the others always make excuses, so much so I've given up asking. Yet many of the same people are keen on entertaining people at home but only one couple at a time. Also I'm surprised at how formal some of them are, they're very casual and informal when we go out somewhere but if invited round to their hoouses, it's all starched collars and please 'parse' the port.

I've always wondered if that's a cultural thing? Indian people love entertaining and the more the merrier but I find only two of our white friends will regularly attend, the others always make excuses, so much so I've given up asking. Yet many of the same people are keen on entertaining people at home but only one couple at a time. Also I'm surprised at how formal some of them are, they're very casual and informal when we go out somewhere but if invited round to their hoouses, it's all starched collars and please 'parse' the port.
I think FZR is Indian?

Because he likes curry?

Oh Dear... :laugh:

:facepalm:

I've tried to analyse my dislike of house-based events, and I can only put it down to the fact that I feel 'cheated'.
Cheated in the sense that I want to be out and about, not house-bound.

I've tried to analyse my dislike of house-based events, and I can only put it down to the fact that I feel 'cheated'.
You could always go into the garden, assuming your host has one.

No, that's just one reason.
I agree harvester and other chain food is disgusting, worse than café food.. play gym food is rank as well...

Yep that's pretty much it. If I go "out" I want to go out and not worry about messing the tablecloth or splashing wee on the toilet seat etc. Slightly OTT but you know what I mean. Its nice to eat with close friends but anytime I host I end up spending the whole time in the kitchen trying to get everything perfect.

Also I'm surprised at how formal some of them are, it's all starched collars and please 'parse' the port.
Have you been round to the MIL then, it's very droll listening to the mother hen regaling tales of her partying with Mick jagger et al in the seventies or how she attended her friends wedding who also happens to be a London starlet... With the rest of the muppets guffawing away, me and the wife just roll our eyes, I wolf my food down and go in the sitting room with the kids and keep out of the way...

I agree harvester and other chain food is disgusting, worse than café food.. play gym food is rank as well...

But I'm struggling with other places SBT would dine out at where kids are a problem.
It's only the likes of Harvester/McDonalds and other chain-type horrors.

Have you been round to the MIL then, it's very droll listening to the mother hen regaling tales of her partying with Mick jagger et al in the seventies or how she attended her friends wedding who also happens to be a London starlet... With the rest of the muppets guffawing away, me and the wife just roll our eyes, I wolf my food down and go in the sitting room with the kids and keep out of the way...
My late MIL was a fantastic individual, gentle, kind and a joy to be with.

Once went to SiL house for a meal ended up having a Dumb and Dumber moment in the toilet after a hefting drink session from the night before. Had to pay for Dynorod to come shift the bugger. Never been invited back funny enough. Can imagine the conversation at all future parties been about the time Daren blocked the crapper in the master suite lol

I don't know what it is but I have a weird (?) hang-up about spending over a certain threshold for a meal out. I think this is probably because I see it purely as 'survivial' rather than entertainment :p Once a main dish goes above about £13 it starts to feel a waste. Mind I feel the same about hotel rooms - some people seem happy to spend hundreds on a room for a night - to me it's so fleeting I just don't see the value - you spend most of the time asleep :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom