How Often Do Landlords Visit ?

Venomx999

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is it a how long is a piece of string question ?

Just curious, as in my last place they never did.

Not an issue for me if they do visit, as i keep the place immaculate and a lot tidier than the last tenants

Could be once or twice a year.

In my experience never. Even when the agreement stated 6 or 12 monthly checks, they/the agency never seemed to bother. If they do ever visit they have to give you advance notice in writing.

Put up some hidden cameras and you won't need to visit at all.

Mine never comes unless it's Xmas to drop my present off lol or if I need something fixing

I try and visit 2-3 times per year. Just to check for leaks at sinks, bath and washing machine and for things that may need to be fixed or put right - tenants don't always report them. I check the fire alarms and co2.

in my experience every 3 months or so until theyve been a couple of times and are happy you are living like a normal person and not trashing the place at which point it usually drops off..

Lived in a rented flat for six years. Think landlords visited 4 times in that time - twice because of appliances breaking down and once because we got new landlords after sale of flat.

What was the reason for the fourth visit?

If my memory serves me well it was just a standard visit, about six months after we moved in. So in effect a visit to check we were responsible tenants.

Call around every few hours, or your tenants will feel unloved.

just stare through the windows by putting your face upto the window itself..

Do don't have to tell me :(

'Dey do doe don't dey doe!'

upload_2019-2-21_9-42-45.jpeg

Video for you @HaRd2BeAr, as I know you're too young to have seen this Harry Enfield sketch :):

I rarely visit my tenants and certainly not unannounced. Touch wood, they are all as good as gold and have never caused me any issues. The only time we have contact is if there are documents that might need signing, if they ask permission to make cosmetic changes cosmetically (paint a wall, carpet etc), or if there is a maintenance issue (leaks, damp, structural).

Other than that, nothing. I leave them to it because it's their residence.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom