How Often Do Landlords Visit ?

Venomx999

Is it a how long is a piece of string question ?

Just curious, as in my last place they never did.

Not an issue for me if they do visit, as i keep the place immaculate and a lot tidier than the last tenants

Sonic67

Banned
Could be once or twice a year.

In my experience never. Even when the agreement stated 6 or 12 monthly checks, they/the agency never seemed to bother. If they do ever visit they have to give you advance notice in writing.

Sonic67

Banned
Put up some hidden cameras and you won't need to visit at all.

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
I try and visit 2-3 times per year. Just to check for leaks at sinks, bath and washing machine and for things that may need to be fixed or put right - tenants don't always report them. I check the fire alarms and co2.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
in my experience every 3 months or so until theyve been a couple of times and are happy you are living like a normal person and not trashing the place at which point it usually drops off..

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Lived in a rented flat for six years. Think landlords visited 4 times in that time - twice because of appliances breaking down and once because we got new landlords after sale of flat.

Apsilon

Senior Moderator
I rarely visit my tenants and certainly not unannounced. Touch wood, they are all as good as gold and have never caused me any issues. The only time we have contact is if there are documents that might need signing, if they ask permission to make cosmetic changes cosmetically (paint a wall, carpet etc), or if there is a maintenance issue (leaks, damp, structural).

Other than that, nothing. I leave them to it because it's their residence.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published