1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How noisy is your 3910?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by spl23, Sep 22, 2005.

1. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    My 3910 DVD player usually runs very quietly - a faint hum you can hear from the listening position during quite bits in the film, but nothing other than that. However, on some discs, you get an audible clicking that fades in and out as the disc spins, and tends to be worst at the start of the film (when the disc is spinning fastest) and fades away completely as the film plays. If it's doing this, it is sometimes possible to improve matters it by ejecting the disc and reloading it, suggesting it may be due to the disc not being perfectly aligned when it's first loaded.

Note I'm referring to mechanical noise from the transport - not anything in the video or audio outputs.

Has anyone else noticed occasional mechanical noise from the drive of their 3910 - mine seems perfect in every other respect, so I'm more curious than worried!

2. fabfour

fabfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Mine makes some unpleasant noises when navigating the Eric Clapton sessions For Robert J DVD, but that's just on the menu. During playback of the actual content it's fine, and it's only with that specific disc.

3. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The 3910 spins the disc at twice the normal speed, so if your happen to have a disc that isn't balanced, or is out of alignment then you may get vibrations or clicking as the mechanism is trying to adjust quicky to read the disc.

4. BUFFY FAN

BUFFY FAN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes. About a month ago I played a DVD and it made a hell of a noise. Sounded like it was vibrating really bad. Haven't noticed it since though so it must have just been that disk which wasn't balanced right. Had me worried though.

5. Peter Litler

Peter Litler
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've also found the same problem with just one disc whilst the menu was playing.
    All other discs have been fine.