How naughty were you as a kid?

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was about 13 my dad gave me his old air rifle with which I proceeded to shoot stuff...I guess it was his fault for leaving me unsupervised with nothing but some crappy paper targets. As a hateful boy I shot a lot of birds, sparrows, blue tits, blackbirds, starlings etc...I even shot a rat. My brother's toys were all wasted too and I once shot him in the ass for not letting me shoot Mr T. When a firm of builders began work on a housing development in the field next to our house I used to shoot the portaloo while they were using it, now that was funny!

One time I shot a Blackbird off the roof of my neighbour's house 3 doors down...it was mortally wounded and as it flailed down the roof I felt a bit guilty, but my guilt turned to fear as it fell off and landed on the poor woman who was sunbathing in her garden and sprayed her with blood. Needless to say, when her husband brought the poor Blackbrd round later to show my mum and dad what I had done I got into some real trouble...I was never allowed to use the rifle again.

That is probably as naughty as I got...how bad were you as a kid?

thats hilarious (the bit about a bird hitting the sunbathing woman and covering her in blood) i used to love playing with fire and used to constantly burn things and aerosol cans so that i could hear them explode. i once set fire to the roof of a den me and my cousin had made , whilst he was inside there :eek: , besides that i was well behaved

Bit of the fire starter also - Thought it would be great to build a pile of leaves at the back door and set them alight - Just didn't really count on the fact that they were tinder dry and went up like a rocket. lost half an eye brow and also set the back door on fire. Couldn't open the door to get in the house to get a bucket of water to put it out, so deicided to pee on the fire to put it out.

Nice point for my dad to open the door to see what the burning smell was.

The picture of me with willy in hand, peeing on the back door and back door on fire etc was not the best moment of his life!!!:eek: :eek: Opps - Sorry dad!

Threw stones deliberately at the lounge window while my folks were out, causing a lot of damage and a hefty smack when they got back.

Threw a brick over a wall for a dare and put through a van windscreen. Got collared by the cops for that!

Got into a blazing row in my teens and kneed a guy in the face till all his front teeth were permanently damaged.

Used to lay into my younger brother far too heavy-handedly as a youngster. Wouldn't try that now: he'd pulverise me!

Grabbed my sister's portable hifi and swung it by the power lead till it flung off and put a huge dent in the bedroom wall.

Threw a video cassette edge-on at a mate and embedded it in the lounge wall.

Y'know, I think I had a lot of pent up agression as a kid. Much mellower these days ...

We used to go garden-running around the estates when we were about 14. You had to get from point to point without going on any roads etc so you were limited to people's back gardens.
We also took great pleasure in setting fire to the local woods on occasion and then trying to put it out before it got too out of control. A couple of times we had to run off and let the fire brigade take care of it.

booyaka said:
Bit of the fire starter also - Thought it would be great to build a pile of leaves at the back door and set them alight - Just didn't really count on the fact that they were tinder dry and went up like a rocket. lost half an eye brow and also set the back door on fire. Couldn't open the door to get in the house to get a bucket of water to put it out, so deicided to pee on the fire to put it out.

Nice point for my dad to open the door to see what the burning smell was.

The picture of me with willy in hand, peeing on the back door and back door on fire etc was not the best moment of his life!!!:eek: :eek: Opps - Sorry dad!

that is hilarious:rotfl:

I think it was generally bonfire night and halloween that we'd basically get up to mischief around the local neighbour hood. Old faves such as moving for sale signs to different gardens and knock door ginger and the like.

That said, one winter we made huge snowballs from a local snow clad footy field and left them in the middle of a road making it unpassable for a while :devil: we don't get snow like that anymore!

yeah - we used to build walls of snow across the road and wait for the cars to come round the corner and down the hill and crash through the snow walls!!! Opps

Man - this thread has put a smile on my face thinking back to the care free days of yester year!!!:D :D

On the air rifle theme, shot at a fisherman with the incredibly naive aim of simulating that he'd got a bite.
Put a hole in his wader! Ran home laughing so hard that I passed out.

Put a firework in aneighbours letter box, it flew up the stairs and out of his open bathroom window whilst he was on the lav.

Superglued the local police cars locks shut.

Lit an open gas tap in physics and burned off a classmates hair!

Threw snowballs at a teacher's car and went straight through the open window and smacked a PE teacher in the chops.

Put a golf ball through the local council leader's living room window.

Stripped a classic mercedes of all its chrome finery as it had been dumped (or so we thought - it had broken down).

So nothing particularly bad, just mischief!

A friend had a job delivering local free newspapers. Only he didn't. For four months, he'd stacked each week's load in a disused lock-up. Then when there was a risk of him getting found out, he nicked a Calor gas canister from a lorry, stood it in the middle of the lock-up, surrounded by piles of newspaper, took a few paces back into the open air ... then shot the canister with an air rifle!

The explosion was tremendous, and the fire brigade had to come and douse the resulting inferno. Bloody dangerous thing to have done, on reflection.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot ...

Was getting bullied by one of the toughest kids in my school year. He'd got another kid to flick a lit match at me, and it caught me on the neck. I just lost it! As we were in metalwork at the time, I chased after this hard lad, and cornered him by the furnace. I grabbed him by the hair, bent him backwards over an anvil, and pulled a pair red hot tongs out of the furnance, raising them threateningly above my head as though I was going to beat him to death with them!

Few weeks later, he privately admitted it was the most scared he'd ever been!

Well, first off we demolished the................... nope, no more lest I incriminate myself.:D Suffice to say, we were a bad lot!;)

deanym said:
Put a firework in aneighbours letter box, it flew up the stairs and out of his open bathroom window whilst he was on the lav.

Had that been my letterbox, i would have kicked the s**t out of you!

Very dangerous.

I've just realised that most of what we did wrong in those days was at the football. It was very difficult to be a teenager in the 70s and not get involved in all the fighting and trouble at football matches.

Wrapped up a dog turd in newspaper, placed on next-door-neighbours step, set fire to it, knocked on door, ran away... :D

Set fire to a 2-acre wasteground in the summer of '76... when we were on standpipes. Hundreds of local people trying to beat it out with what looked like flexible spades before it got to the houses! :oops:

Wrote a horrible letter to a bully's family slagging them off and calling them all the names under the sun, and posted it through their letterbox on the same day they received news that the husband had been killed on an oil rig... :nono:

Wedged potatoes up bus exhausts at the nearby bus stop, so that they shot out at following cars as the bus accelerated, until one day we managed to explode an exhaust by capping it off completely...:devil:

Placed lots of stones onto railway tracks to see them get crushed/pinged all over the place. Until one day did this on a viaduct with about 200 cars parked below. Still, it was less than a dozen windscreens needed replacing :devil:

I'm sure there's more...

When I was about 11, me and a mate fashioned a makeshift tennis net out of a piece of rope, and tied it across the road, around two trees. Must have been a bit high, as my next door neighbour came round the corner on a push bike, rode into it and lost both two front teeth.

It took years for the dust to settle on that one - I'm laughing now but wasn't at the time.

higenbs1 said:
When I was about 11, me and a mate fashioned a makeshift tennis net out of a piece of rope, and tied it across the road, around two trees. Must have been a bit high, as my next door neighbour came round the corner on a push bike, rode into it and lost both two front teeth.

It took years for the dust to settle on that one - I'm laughing now but wasn't at the time.

That's a good one!

Several things I guess .We had a traditon during carniuval to buy thses small baloons fill them withj water and chuck them at each other but it was more fun throwing them at girls:devil:.For some reason I got it into my head to chuck one at a girl whpo was dressed up tp gpo to some family part or the other. Her father came out and gave me all mighty wack round the back of my head:(
Another time when I was about six I remember watching a western where this bloke gets hanged. I thought "that looks neat I'll try it on the cat." fortunately my sister was around and stepped in just in time to save the cats life. The old man gave me thorough thrashing.
Finally I remember stealing my mothers lipstick and covering my face in it and then I went to bed- another thrashing!:(

someone did that to us except it was an explosive device not a rocket . It blew our wooden letter box to smitherins, smoke everywhere. Our crime? England beat Argentina in the QF of the 1966 WC:D

mh123 said:
Wrapped up a dog turd in newspaper, placed on next-door-neighbours step, set fire to it, knocked on door, ran away... :D

yeah, I've done that one before!

used to throw snow balls at passing cars - one bloke got out and chased me...!
I also used to throw them at pints of milk whilst they were on doorsteps...

I remember I was about 7-8 years old, I was a home alone child and one christmas holidays I got a small plastic box (that was originally used to store xmas cards) and filled it up with meth spirits and set fire to it! (I just wanted to see what it looked like)- this was on the back door step and the wind kept blowing it out...so, I brought it in and placed it on the kitchen lino...I wasn't that impressed with the flame, but when I blew it out there was a big black burnt patch on the lino :eek: :eek: we had the same lino in the bathroom and there was a loose bit between the bottom of the bath and the wall - so I nailed that over the black part with some small nails that my step dad used for my train set...
as you can imagine I made a complete pigs ear of it...and I can only imagine the kicking I got from my stepdad!!

Sadly all mine would be violence related.

One of the tamer ones was "decking" the largest person in our year with one punch. He was about 6ft 2 and around 15/16 stone (We were 13 at the time). Gave me a nasty tackle while playing football. Punched squarely to his head, landing in his left eye. I wasn't particularly worried about the fact he was wearing glasses at the time. His eye was swollen and black 'n' blue in about 30 seconds. Not to mention the lens wasn't in the frame any longer.

I did apologise, but pointed out he shouldn't have been so rough otherwise he wouldn't have received that blow.

The worst incident would probably get me a lot of grief, so I'll not mention that for now.

Seth Gecko said:
The worst incident would probably get me a lot of grief, so I'll not mention that for now.
Oh come on you can't leave it like that. :D

fighting was almost a daily event at my comp school...!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom