• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HOW MUCH......

Mullit

Banned
Crikey just had a tot up on pre-orders...scary. how many order steels but don't really think about how much they all add up to until....well until its to late.How many do you guys have coming.I have 9 already..and 4 of those come out in one hit,:facepalm:going to have to write all release dates down I think...It is true this steelbook thing can run away from you if not careful.

Mullit

Banned
Currently have 21 orders :blush: only 4 due may and 2 in July so that leaves me 15 for June o_O miiiiiiiiight just have little rethink about June.

Blimey I thought I had a few...

Gooble Gobble

I've only got three - Captain America 2, This Is England, and La Haine. Only ones I really want at the moment, others that I want are now out of stock unfortunately or not up for pre order yet.

Mullit

Banned
Got just the one, Cap America 2. Think I'm virtually over my SB obsession. :clap::thumbsup:

Indeed...I am not obsessed with steels, its just unfortunate that I am still catching up, so it does not help when you have 4-steels coming/released at the same time...battle of Britain-bridge to far etc and these are must haves..then like most C/A-2 V-For vendetta-Sin city and others,plus what ever else comes out, but I will only buy if its a film I enjoy or need, so I do try to hold back.....but hey these are steels we are talking about.

SteelHoarder

Indeed...I am not obsessed with steels, ...battle of Britain-bridge to far etc and these are must haves..
No offence intended mate but if you weren't a little obsessed like the rest of us , 50 year old war films wouldn't be classified "must haves" ;)
It's a rocky road if you go down that path as no doubt they intend issuing every damn war film in existence on steel format over the next 5 years and there are a lot ! I can understand the desire to have the film on blu-ray but steelbook format for 50 year old films ? Really ?

Mullit

Banned
No offence intended mate but if you weren't a little obsessed like the rest of us , 50 year old war films wouldn't be classified "must haves" ;)
It's a rocky road if you go down that path as no doubt they intend issuing every damn war film in existence on steel format over the next 5 years and there are a lot ! I can understand the desire to have the film on blu-ray but steelbook format for 50 year old films ? Really ?

Alright alright nuff of that...you know what I mean, those are classics..but Ok maybe I only wanted b.o.b and b.t.f but thought may as well have the other 2, to be honest they are the only war films I really like, plus Private Ryan which I still need to get.

Mullit

Banned
ERM ...... Yes I am but when it comes to collecting sb's control goes out of the window! I don't know how I got so hooked.

Probably a little like me they are cool and a little bit of kid in you.:clap:

smabu

I've got 2x Wolf of Wall Street, 2x V for Vendetta and a Cappy A on pre-order. The only ones I see retaining any kind of trade value.

Lights 31

I'm like a kid in a sweet shop......... But man these sweets are expensive lol. I only started collecting properly around xmas.

Mullit

Banned
I'm like a kid in a sweet shop......... But man these sweets are expensive lol. I only started collecting properly around xmas.

Well you have to have something in life to enjoy...and the nice thing is as well you have a film to watch to, and they can be shown off,,,still could be worse...thoses action figures eerrm cant remember now but blimey they are like £150-£600 even more, they do look great though, think how many steels you could get for that.

Edit Hot toys

The Ringmaster

I have a few spaced around on pre-order... from Zavvi, Amazon and ES.
Some May, some June, some after that.

I would have more but I've come to learn now that when they are available from more than one retailer, they are available for a long time. Prices generally come down or will still be there when I have some expendable cash. Wolf of Wall street for example, I need to cancel that pre-order.

MonkeyJug

Having been 'All-in' at one point, I now only collect the Disney/Pixar steelbooks.

It became frighteningly addictive. I'm glad I opted out when I did. Got a nice collection of about 200 now, but the Django era was when I decided to pull back from the brink. And that's from someone who could comfortably afford it at that time. It's ridiculous now though...

Garrett

That's like saying old films are crap and only new films great. If Get Carter came with a decent transfer(which it hasn't) and nice steel, how many here would be having it as a must buy only released 2 years after Britain and 6 before Bridge.

SteelHoarder

That's like saying old films are crap and only new films great. .
It's not saying that at all, I know they are classics. What I'm saying is if they start releasing all the great films from the last 50 years - how many steelbooks exactly are we all going to end up with ? :p
Having almost 300 of the things lined up on my shelves already (a lot less than some people I might add) - my room is already starting to look a bit obsessive & ridiculous.

WDW MrWomble

As Snoo above, nothing wrong with older films being given steelbook treatment, those classed as classics or not...

Not as if we haven't disagreed over some of Zavvi's choices for steelbook releases over last 10 months from the new release films and recent years

Easily summed up in one sentence

Everybody has different opinions on films, those that are classics, new or old and those they feel are utter rubbish... Quite simply if you don't agree with a release, don't buy it, but guarantee SOMEBODY out there will like it and will buy it

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be done

replicant81

9? Pffft I had days with 9 on preorder and even a wave of 12!

Different now of course and yes 4 in one go does seem a lot now.

I have some disneys, mars attacks, beetle juice, v for vendetta, wolf of wall street, this is England, i saw the devil and robocop on order. So 8 total but well spread out. There are others I want but will wait for price drop.

Mullit you might want those old war films, but I wouldn't preorder - they are of limited appeal and will drop in price if you can hold out for a few months, then you will be happy saving a tenner per steel!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom