How much would you spend for Panasonic DMP-BD10?

BigAndy_1979

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi guy's,

Just out of interest I would like to now what would be reasonable price to pay for Panasonic DMP-BD10, in your opinion???

As all we know RRP for player is £1299 which is way too much and some (probably all :D) of us think it's not worth it. I did a quick search in Froogle and cheapest deal it returned for online shops was £1052.98, still quite a bit. But... I can get this "bad boy" for £850 :), I have some connections :cool:. So the question is:

"Is it still too much or would it be acceptable price"???

Also I would be able to get Panasonic SA-XR700 for £425, comparing to RRP £559 :). Nobody really had hands on SA-XR700 yet, so I really don't know how good it is, but £134 off the original price sounds pretty good to me :).

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: We talking about UK versions!

the samsung BD player is £599 but has had poor write ups. still deciding on a high end dvd player of hd dvd

save your money and buy a usa or jap ps3:smashin:

save your money and buy a usa or jap ps3:smashin:

Yea I'm thinking about it, but I won't get any warranty on import PS3 but with DMP-BD10 I’m covered all the way ;).

Yea I'm thinking about it, but I won't get any warranty on import PS3 but with DMP-BD10 I’m covered all the way ;).

with the money you save you could buy another2 ps3 if it breaks down;)

with the money you save you could buy another2 ps3 if it breaks down;)

Valid point, but at the end of day question is: Is £850 would be decent price for DMP-BD10?

The Panasonic is a lovely machine when i saw it in a store recently.

Won't go wrong with that.

Bought the UK Panny for £1150 (after my discount at work) but it did come with a second year warranty. :D

I would gladly pay it again! :thumbsup:

I can get this "bad boy" for £850 :)

Also I would be able to get Panasonic SA-XR700 for £425, comparing to RRP £559 :).

:oops: A bit wrong information, actually i can get DMP-BD10 for £750 and SA-XR700 for £325 :D.

I'm still not too sure about DMP-BD10 and might hold back for a little bit longer, but i think I’m gonna buy SA-XR700, for £325 it's a steal :thumbsup:.

:oops: A bit wrong information, actually i can get DMP-BD10 for £750 and SA-XR700 for £325 :D.

I'm still not too sure about DMP-BD10 and might hold back for a little bit longer, but i think I’m gonna buy SA-XR700, for £325 it's a steal :thumbsup:.

If you do get the SA-XR700 let us know what you think of it as I'm considering getting it to go with my BD10 :thumbsup:

If you do get the SA-XR700 let us know what you think of it as I'm considering getting it to go with my BD10 :thumbsup:

Yes sure ;).

As it not in stock yet, I will need to wait for some time until guys will get it for me. I will sort out my Credit Card next week and then will ask them to order one for me, so I probably could get my hands on it after Christmas :).

I spoke with a chap in local Panasonic shop, he was in some kind of Panasonic seminar not so long ago and they were demonstrating DB10 hooked up with XR700 and running through Panasonic 5.1 speakers set up (can't remember model of my head, it's something XX-XX1000 and comes for around £1300), he said the sound from system was awesome. He said it was so clear and he even could hear things he never heard from other systems (I believe some part comes from BD10).

Anyway I believe XR700 will be decent amp, i can't go wrong much, especially with the price I’m paying for it :D.

Hi guy's,

Just out of interest I would like to now what would be reasonable price to pay for Panasonic DMP-BD10, in your opinion???

As all we know RRP for player is £1299 which is way too much and some (probably all :D) of us think it's not worth it. I did a quick search in Froogle and cheapest deal it returned for online shops was £1052.98, still quite a bit. But... I can get this "bad boy" for £850 :), I have some connections :cool:. So the question is:

"Is it still too much or would it be acceptable price"???

Also I would be able to get Panasonic SA-XR700 for £425, comparing to RRP £559 :). Nobody really had hands on SA-XR700 yet, so I really don't know how good it is, but £134 off the original price sounds pretty good to me :).

Cheers,

Andy

Edit: We talking about UK versions!

Andy

Personally I wouldn't pay more than about £500. I've seen the Panasonic in action and own a Tosh A1 that cost me £285.

You mention the UK version but there is more BD title choice available to the US version.

Value is a personal thing so bottom line is it really up to you. ;)

AVI

I got the US version for just under £800 and although I'm happy with it, I certainly wouldnt pay the UK RRP of £1300 for one.
As already mentioned I'm not too sure how keen I would be to invest in UK Blu Ray at the moment due to the general lack of titles. We're certainly not seeing the amount of releases that the US are getting. I know you can import some titles due to a lack of region coding, but its a bit of a minefield.

I got the US version for just under £800 and although I'm happy with it, I certainly wouldnt pay the UK RRP of £1300 for one.
As already mentioned I'm not too sure how keen I would be to invest in UK Blu Ray at the moment due to the general lack of titles. We're certainly not seeing the amount of releases that the US are getting. I know you can import some titles due to a lack of region coding, but its a bit of a minefield.

I think the US version will certainly offer more software choice but that is balanced with the warranty risks. I spotted an imported Panny on Ebay this week and it sold for just over £500.

AVI

I think the US version will certainly offer more software choice but that is balanced with the warranty risks. I spotted an imported Panny on Ebay this week and it sold for just over £500.
The import risks are no different than for HD-DVD, and it certainly hasnt stopped people buying them. The person that got the Panny from ebay got themselves a billy bargain.

Andy

Personally I wouldn't pay more than about £500. I've seen the Panasonic in action and own a Tosh A1 that cost me £285.

You mention the UK version but there is more BD title choice available to the US version.

Value is a personal thing so bottom line is it really up to you. ;)

AVI

As I mentioned before i can get it for £750 (brand new with warranty), but I’m still not too sure if I’m happy to spend £750 and is it worth it :rolleyes:.

Eh, hard choice :D.

The person that got the Panny from ebay got themselves a billy bargain.

ye that was the one i was bidding on knew i should put in a higher bid:suicide: £511 it went for with mission im box set and a few others as well---still gutted about it:mad:

As I mentioned before i can get it for £750 (brand new with warranty), but I’m still not too sure if I’m happy to spend £750 and is it worth it :rolleyes:.

The RRP is crazy to start with and I wouldn't pay £750 based on what I've seen. ;) My advice is go see the different formats and players in action and choose what you like best.

AVI

When the BD10 is paired with the Panasonic receiver, is it likely to outperform being hooked up to my Denon 3805 receiver? I was a little unsure of this as the Denon amp really is rather good ... ! (No idea about it with BD as I haven't set it up on that yet I'm afraid!)

The import risks are no different than for HD-DVD, and it certainly hasnt stopped people buying them. The person that got the Panny from ebay got themselves a billy bargain.

I'm not saying the risk is any different to HD DVD apart from the cost may be higher in the case of BD . Many want the comfort of UK warranty but the compromise is BD region restrictions and high cost.;)

AVI

The region coding thus far is hardly an event... most don't have it as yet. Mind you, the main reason I went UK is so I can go to HMV whenever I like and pick one up. So either way that doesn't bother me much.

C'mon Blu-ray ;)

The region coding thus far is hardly an event... most don't have it as yet. Mind you, the main reason I went UK is so I can go to HMV whenever I like and pick one up. So either way that doesn't bother me much.

C'mon Blu-ray ;)
ALL Fox and Disney titles have region coding I believe... :thumbsdow

C'mon Blu-ray ;)

All reported BD titles from Warner and Lionsgate are reported as "No Region" discs hence should playable in all players.

All reported FOX and Disney titles are region A and not playable in region B players.

Some Sony titles marked with region A has been reported as playable in region B players. This could mean that more Sony region A marked catalog titles are OK in region B players but others not!!

Hardly an event? It is a mess with no common policy. It is a pity that Fox and Disney are the most interesting BD releases to me at the moment. It means I am 'locked'.

If you're keen to be an early adopter then £150 more than the rubbish Samsung makes it a great deal.

However, the thing that really puts me off the Panasonic is the dust trap of a flap at the front.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom