How much? Tivo + lifetime + double size HDD?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by [email protected], Oct 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. t@xman

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have a Tivo with a double size HDD (I think an extra one was added) and lifetime subscription that I need to get rid of, but have no idea what it's worth. I've asked elsewhere and people seem to indicate ~£400, but is that right???

2. sjl

sjl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep it is but really does depend on the size of the hard drives.

2 x 80gig and a lifetime sub on a well know auction site will be in the region of £400.

Take a look and be very surprised :) .Can I ask why you are selling it?I have only had mine for 6 months or so and would be absolutely heartbroken if it ever went wrong.(Mine is quite seriously hacked though now ;) )

Steve

3. t@xman

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yeah, I'm selling it because I got a new RPTV and unfortunately the picture gets a bit too processed(still not bad, but I like a perfect picture having splashed all that cash) having gone through the Freeview then the Tivo and then the 100hz processing on the TV. Shame cos it was great on my old 32" and I absolutely love the functionality.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,479
    If you are only selling because of the PQ then I suggest you take a look at www.tivocommunity.com and read up on changing the bit rate with some basic hacking. This can cause a large improvement in the PQ at the cost of useing more disk space but as you have an extra disk this should not be a problem.

And if you still decide to sell then £400 is far too much, I'll offer you £5 including postage. Thats the going rate - Honest :devil:

Mark.

5. sjl

sjl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    LOL @Mark,

Yes check the Tivo forum as I have have messed around with my bitrates etc and have certainly noticed the difference.

The only thing it cant do is improve the crap signal we get from some of the channels :( and I am using freeview as well)

It wasnt noticeable before but when I got the plasma I picked up on it straight away just as you have with your new telly.

Steve

6. t@xman

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yeah, but from reading all that, I'd need to buy a ethernet wotnot and spend more money! Shame, but I fear I'm going to have to let it go :(