How much subwoofer output capability do you need in your system?

Where do you the BK P12 pr would be on the list? Trying to consider other options, ported in particular.

Not sure the P12 pr would even get on the list as it is at the moment. The BK Monolith might but is a bigger box and still probably no better than the 10" Mono THX.

The list is in order of CEA-2010 20Hz output so if it has output that low then it would make the list. Given its size and specs it's going to be close to the bottom, maybe just above the SB-1000 Pro but probably no higher. So let's say it had 90dB CEA-2010 output (#59 in the list) at 20Hz which means a pair would be sufficient to support a -10dB listening level in rooms up to 2,250Ft3.

The list is in order of CEA-2010 20Hz output so if it has output that low then it would make the list. Given its size and specs it's going to be close to the bottom, maybe just above the SB-1000 Pro but probably no higher. So let's say it had 90dB CEA-2010 output (#59 in the list) at 20Hz which means a pair would be sufficient to support a -10dB listening level in rooms up to 2,250Ft3.
This is interesting, so the bk pr could be better than the svs sb 1000 non pro

This is interesting, so the bk pr could be better than the svs sb 1000 non pro
Not “better” as such, it just might have more CEA-2010 output at 20Hz.

Apart from the 4000 and 16-Ultra models, SVS subs have a relatively high tuning point compared to some (and on the SB-1000 models they also use a HPF to protect the driver) so their 20Hz output is not their greatest strength. I’m assuming the addition of a PR might give the BK a bit more output lower down like a ported sub. I could be totally wrong here though, it’s such a shame BK don’t publish these stats as I’m sure they would have them.

Think my room is no more than 700 cubic feet so I reckon I have enough with twin PB3000’s 😂🔥👍

You’d be the one to ask as you’ve had both and that’s a decent recommendation on its own. I am tempted tbh.
As good as the SB3000 was I always felt that they just come up short on certain Music/Films - The PB’s are just on another level 👍

As good as the SB3000 was I always felt that they just come up short on certain Music/Films - The PB’s are just on another level 👍
Could you describe the differences in your own words ? I don’t need anything arty farty, just your own words. And if you have examples of movie scenes etc that would be good also.

You can PM if you prefer over posting on here :smashin:

They are brutal
I really understand your choice of words here as with certain movies it can be a truly visceral experience to the point that it’s almost exhausting. After my two sons (aged 19 and 22) watched their first movie with my two PB-3000s I asked them to use one word to describe them - one said “punishing” and the other said “ridiculous”.

I really understand your choice of words here as with certain movies it can be a truly visceral experience to the point that it’s almost exhausting. After my two sons (aged 19 and 22) watched their first movie with my two PB-3000s I asked them to use one word to describe them - one said “punishing” and the other said “ridiculous”.
I wouldn’t recommend them if you have a semi detached house as it would just cause issues

I did compare the PB3000 to the SB4000 but it was no contest and the 4000 went straight back

Anyway think we going off topic so we’ll leave it there 😂👍

I wouldn’t recommend them if you have a semi detached house as it would just cause issues

I did compare the PB3000 to the SB4000 but it was no contest and the 4000 went straight back

Anyway think we going off topic so we’ll leave it there 😂👍
Quite the opposite, it's not off topic at all :smashin:

@Mr Wolf - could you not add the JL Audio Fathom F113 or even the Paradigm Sub 25 if you have the measurement data at all - be good to see how these stack up to what you have already on the list - both legendary and extremely capable 🔥👍

Yeah definitely on topic. Just letting the mother in law catch up on SWATs on Netflix. After some heavy artillery she said "it's like we're sat in a bloody war zone" 🤣
Proper shells getting the subs pumping!

@Mr Wolf - could you not add the JL Audio Fathom F113 or even the Paradigm Sub 25 if you have the measurement data at all - be good to see how these stack up to what you have already on the list - both legendary and extremely capable 🔥👍
If you send me links to their CEA-2010 measurements then I'll add them.

If you send me links to their CEA-2010 measurements then I'll add them.
I did try and search for any actual measurements regarding the Subs but unfortunately they appear to be missing - - a shame as they were very capable subs even though they were both sealed

Difference between my 13" monolith and svs on 16 ultra not much difference?

Maybe not much difference sound wise but Mono 13" £1699 ea (or a lot less in your case with 15% disc) or PB16 Ultra black ash £3500 ea. So to me that is a massive difference. :D

Hi, very good chart here for evaluating the amount of sub output needed.
My living room is around 62.17m3, so if I read this correctly, a PB-1000 Pro or a PB-1000 is more than enough if I play my contents within -13 to -16 dB?

Hi, very good chart here for evaluating the amount of sub output needed.
My living room is around 62.17m3, so if I read this correctly, a PB-1000 Pro or a PB-1000 is more than enough if I play my contents within -13 to -16 dB?
Absolutely. Just be aware that, depending on the room shape and sub location options, with just a single sub you might not be able to achieve a very smooth frequency response due to nulls. In many cases a pair of smaller subs will therefore be preferable to a single larger sub.

could i get some numbers for 4-5x monolith 12''s vs 2x Monolith 13s''?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom