1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much should we be paying?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ColdKilla, Jul 11, 2005.

1. ColdKilla

ColdKilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi,
    Just moving into a new house whereby I am having a local company come round and install an aerial for me on the outside of the house. All he needs to do is supply the aerial and get his ladder and drill and stick it on then run the cable to my CT100 cable in the loft space - so how much do you think I should be paying for this, roughly?

I do have a global 4 way distribution amp (F140) to fit (and sky to come round) which I could do myself or just get him to put f plugs on my cables and connect it up but do you think this would be extra and if so how much!

The idea is the guy comes round tests the signal then gives me an price to do the work - if I want it doing off we go, thus they think they got me by the short and curlies as I am unlikely to say no - but if its too much I will say NO and wait for sum1 else!!!

I dont think it is a major technical job I am asking and I am providing all the amp. cable etc so if there are any engineers out there or anyone who has recent experience please let me know!

CK

2. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    It is not the technical side of the job that costs, it is the risk side.

Hights, Ladders, un-weildy poles and aerials make the job riskie and therefore expencive.

I would expect it to be over £100.

But don't forget, RRP on a good digi aerial (Triax DAT45) is in the £30 mark. 250m of CT100 is £50-60.

It quickly mounts up.