• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How much should I expect to get, if I ebay'd my infocus 4805 pj?

tony brazao

As per the title; I have no idea what I could get for it. I am toying with the idea of an X10.

My PJ only has 40 hours use.

What would be the 2nd hand value of it?

Tony

tony brazao

So no one has any ideas then? C'mon, don't be shy, click the reply button! :thumbsup:

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Unfortunatley although it only has low hours, being an older standard def pj it's not worth much money.

I would think £150-£200 at the most,i recently sold my Sanyo Z1 on here for £130 with under 600hrs on the lamp.

The problem is you can buy 720p machines new from £350 ish so this has destroyed the price of standard def machines.

The same thing is starting to happen with the 720p machines now that you can get 1080p pj's for upwards of £800.

Fortunatley I got my new quality 720p pj recently for under £500 so when i come to sell it if i only get £250-£300 it won't be too bad.Unlike when i sold my Sanyo for £130 it had cost me over £1200 when new.:(

tony brazao

OK thank you for the replies, I paid well over a grand for it (years ago) so I may as well just keep it; it's not worth selling if that's all I'd get. :)

Tony

cyberheater

I can't think of a hobby where the value of your kit devalues faster then buying projectors. It's just ridiculous. Which is why i'd never spend a couple of grand on a PJ 'cause in a couple of years it will be almost worthless.

I feel sorry for the early adopters.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Especially when you consider most people only put a few hundred (or less) hours of use on the bulb.

I only clocked up around 580 hrs with my first pj over the 5-6 yrs I had it.

Its a bit different with my current pj it's just over a hundred hrs in around 2 months.

I think the difference this time is I have hddvd & bluray for a source and with the pj being a 720p machine it's just sooooooooo much better and with hd sound too,its definatley a much improved WOW.

Cost per hour if you include depreciation is a killer if you buy cutting edge gear and don't use it.This time round I am more than happy with my pj at £499 if I get 1000 hrs out of it (and i am sure I will and more) it will have cost me less than 50p an hour.

The guy above has paid over a grand and used for 40 hrs and its worth less than £200 that equates to over £20 per hr:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom