• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How Much Of A Difference Does 100Hz Make?

Duel

Banned
With regards to all forms of video and gaming, how much of a difference does 100Hz make? From people's own experience please, not review sites.

Only777

ive got a samsung with 100hz and the difference is huge.

it's great for gaming , especially first person shooters . When you pan around in a game without the 100hz on it's not very smooth and text and fine details become blurry . However when you switch it on , the image becomes smoother and infocus for want of a better word.

It's not a perfect technology yet, but having seen the benefits i wouldnt buy a set without it now.

hope that helps

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
I dont own any lcd,but I have spent some time in the shop to compare this.The shop had a Sony 40S2530 and 40D3000 so I could compare them.Yes the 100Hz make a difference especially on football!!!!The 40D3000 was much better on the football match than the 40S2530.The S was good but not as the D

ry2kelly

Standard Member
I've been doing my pieces over buying a new LCD TV. I went into the Sony Centre and got them to put on football on a w2000 and a d3000. Not that much of a difference.

Went into a further two shops to discuss the merits of 1080p over 100hz, they both scoffed and said that whilst 100hz mattered alot with CRT it has little to no bearing on LCD.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom