1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much it cost to ship my SVS - £220

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by RoughRider, Aug 16, 2004.

1. RoughRider

RoughRider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mine landed last week and I paid Bax today. I thought I would just post the exact amounts as I could never find these out myself, and took a bit of a punt on the duty etc. (but held off for some time worrying about it). So anyone using that as an excuse not to hit the buy button can't any more :smashin:

PC+20-39, 3m cable and SPL meter $911.95 = £505.39
    Shipping $135 = £74.81 this plus above item are paid to SVS
    Duty £24.20
    VAT £101.47
    Deferrment (?) £20 these three are paid to Bax

Total of bottom four £220

Also Bax charges 3% of the last three, which you pay them directly, if you pay them by credit card, or nothing for cash or debit card.

I am guessing the $ amount shows on the pack and customs used a different fx rate which is why VAT is not exactly 17.5% of any other number there. Don't understand duty (thought it was 3%) but who cares my sub is nearly here now :clap: .Other than that, initially had some hassle buying as my card (Mastercard) was bounced and then slow answering a security enquiry from SVS. But I have to say it was pretty painless and SVS were quite available for the odd question I had. Obviously if you don't buy cable and SPL meter the duty and VAT should go down accordingly.

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Not sure on this but I think the deferment fee is due to BAX paying the import duties etc and then claiming the money back off the importer. Could be miles off though.

My 20-39 PCi was £333 plus £79 shipping then £89 to BAX.

Total £501 :D

3. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    EEC import duty is 4.5% not 3%.

For some reason Bax has to go personally to customs and clear the papers. For which they charge you. I was told they (Bax) drive to the customs clearance office and back again with the papers. Lucky there was no fuel surcharge! :blush:

Also lucky you don't pay 25% VAT like I do.

I argued that I'd paid door to door so they dropped a (try on) charge for delivery by a national delivery service. Then still charged me a tenner for the privilege of home delivery! :mad:

Funny lot Bax. IMO :clown:

Enjoy your sub. :)

Nimby