How much is this gonna cost me? Upgrade time

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by anygreg, Jan 6, 2012.

1. anygreg

anygreg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Really after some sound advise on what to do next regarding my hifi gear.

My current system comprises of nad c370 & c270 bi-amped with a set of mordant short 908's, arcam cd72 , MF Dac M1 plus usual interconnects etc..

Am looking to improve the overall sound and definition, I do like bass, but needs to be clear and punchy, but retain the lows.

Mid range and highs/clarity... I guess I'm thinking I need to notch up the performance of the whole setup.

Have owned all this gear from new, my music tastes are wide and vast, from classical, acoustic to prodigy and digital.

My research so far has led me to roksan, naim, Cyrus in the amp section, speakers b&w, kef could do with down sizing the 908's, new house smaller room, so the 908's have to go, which I suppose has led to the upgrade.

Sorry for the disjointed thread, but just need to get my head around where to start.

Appreciate all your views and advise, feel free to ask away.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  2. ranide

ranide
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi anygreg,

when downsizing your speakers is really necessary you should definitely add a decent subwoofer since I read from your post a certain affection for bass. BK in the UK is a company which has a very good reputation for subwoofers, I own one and I am fully satisfied. The arcam cd is a good transport so you could also just add a better DAC like the benchmark dac1 to improve sound quality per se.

:thumbsup:

3. anygreg

anygreg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Agreed on the sub, BK do look the part as well, seen a few really good reviews on here. Plus many years back I had a paradigm sub, thing was unreal.

Tbh pretty happy with the arcam and the musical fidelity dac, using the USB for Flac playback etc so that side I'm happy to stick with, would be interested in new amp & speaker options. Naim gear looks good but where does one start?

Cheers for the input :thumbsup: