How much is Panasonic 55VT65 worth

The Gooner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I have a Panasonic 55VT65 that I want to sell as I have no room for it,
How much is the TV roughly worth, it is in good condition
cheers

Difficult one as I haven't seen one of those on the forums for a while - and I have been looking.
(Currently tempted by the chance of getting a 65st50 for about £900 but I don't know if that will be too big in the room or too big to transport in the car.)

I really want a set like yours so I am tempted to say just £100 :) but hopefully the following is an honest view.

The last few Ebay prices for something very similar may give some indication - although what I have learned is that prices seem to vary randomly with some great deals and some very high prices for similar items. (They are in order of most recent first.)
55VT50s with 12 months guarantee for £579 each - Panasonic Outlet sold 2 of these. They have no more though and they went quickly. No telling when they will get any more.
55VT65 for £610 without a stand and from xs_items who are a box shifter and it is difficult to know how good condition it was in. (Returnable but no guarantee.) I have bought things from them and they were actually better than described.
65VT65 sold for £1070 in a private sale - did seem a very good price though.
55vt65 sold for £1,000 in a private sale - in perfect condition with 2x glasses and 3 years remaining guarantee)

So I would say somewhere between £610 and £1,000 - depending upon condition, glasses and guarantee - say £800?
(I really want to say lower as that much would be a struggle to justify for me personally but I am trying to be fair to you.)

Remember when you are comparing Ebay prices you pay at least 10% commission and another 3% to paypal so a £1,000 sales price corresponds to around £850 cash. Personally, having bought and sold TVs on the forums I would much rather sell on the forums as it is generally a much better experience for both buyers and sellers.

Ease of sale also depends upon where you are.
Please tell me that you are not to far from West Kent. :)

thank you for a very honest and thorough reply, I was hoping for £600 + so that is good, I have 2 sets of glasses but not sure about the warranty as I cant remember if I registered it or not or if I had to. Hopefully will look at around the £750 mark because of the warranty. I know Ive had it about 2 years so it is within the 5 year warranty.
Once again thanks a lot
Goons

I can offer £675 if you are interested - subject to finding out if you are within travelling distance of Sevenoaks . (and you can keep the 3d glasses to sell separately as I already have those.)

Not sure if offering is allowed in these threads - perhaps you have to create a sale thread for me to respond to? (It would probably be in your interest to do that anyway as there may be others willing to pay more than me anyway. :-( or :) depending on your point of view.

lol just trying to see rules about selling now, will keep you posted, think its worth a bit more than 675 though sorry

Where abouts are you? £700?

I'm in NE Lincs near Grimsby at Immingham
I have just checked with Panasonic and there isn't any warranty, I Must have forgot to register, was hoping for neare £750.

Unfortunately I cannot justify £750 for a set without any guarantee. Especially as you are a 4hr drive from me.....

BTW - did I see you in another forum saying that you were interested in one of the LG OLEDS?

Worth remembering that the Currys price (and John lewis as they are matching Currys) will go up after today as the 10% off offer at Curry's ends today. So the 55ef950V flat is £2250 today or £2500 afterwards the 65" changes from £3600 to £4000. The prices for the curved 960s I think are exactly the same. (I'm not sure if the 960s have HDMI 2.0 sockets with HDCP2.2?)

Anyway whatever you decide to do good luck with your upgrade.

yes that was me and Ive purchased a 960 OLED hence the VT is up for sale.
I got mine with 10% quidco offer and 8% discount from a scheme we have at work

How did you get 10% quidco? When i looked it was only 1.5% for large TVs. (The headline rate on the quidco page shows 10% but that is only for something like washing machines.)

What have you decided to do with your 55vt65?

10% was offered in October on large screen tvs, think I got it just before it ended.
Mind you I havnt been paid it yet lol

how far are you

lol Its bit more than 4 hours, I was in ammanford 2 weeks ago, took me 5 to get there and 6 to get back, lol timed it wrong around Swansea was thinking about missing traffic around birmingham

Did you get both the 10% off code from Currys and the Quidco cashback? The Quidco cash back is 15% now!

Hi mate quidco 10% is still going through but fingers crossed it goes through as it should

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom