How much is my PC worth used?

GuitarGuy

I know its not an easy question to answer always as rigs are all different, my parts are:

i5 2500k (never overclocked) - Antec Kuhler 620 cpu cooler in push pull with noctua fans.
GTX 580 (MSI Lighning SKU)
12GB 1600 Mhz Ram (8x2 4x2)
Asus Xonar DX
Samsung 240gb SSD
Samsung F1 1TB HDD
Silverstone Raven RV01 Case
Asus P8Z68-V Motherboard
LiteOn Light Scribe DVD Drive
BenQ 24" 1080P LCD Panel with HDMI, DVI and VGA inputs and a Headphone output.
Logitech G15 Keyboard (V1 with the flip up display)
Cyborg RAT 7 Mouse
OCZ 850w Fully modular Gold rated PSU
Genuine Windows 7 - Serial will be left on the sticker on the pc, also the cyberpower dvd will be included (transit will be in original silverstone box for safety ect.)

Looking to sell it to reduce the finance i set up for a new sli titan set up with tripple 1440p monitors so this one obviously has to go haha. Thanks for your help guys.

Edit - the link skimwords provided is the wrong keyboard haha.....

Last edited:

GuitarGuy

Just a quick copy from Part Picker values this all at around £2000 or just under, equivelants were used for example the gpu which is actually worth more as its the lightening edition with the custom cooler ect, things like that. So Would £1200 be reasonable for this kind of rig?
Component Selection Base Price Promo Shipping Tax Price Where
CPU

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor £172.51 FREE £172.51 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
CPU Cooler

Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler £50.58 FREE £50.58 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Motherboard

Asus P8Z68-V LX ATX LGA1155 Motherboard £113.55 £113.55 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Memory

G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £58.00 £58.00 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy

Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £21.20 FREE £21.20 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Add Additional Memory
Storage

Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk £127.65 FREE £127.65 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £70.62 FREE £70.62 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Add Additional Storage
Video Card

Zotac GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB Video Card £364.00 £364.00 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Sound Card

Asus Xonar DX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card £61.43 £61.43 CCL Computers
Remove
Buy
Wireless Network Adapter

Netgear WNA3100-100ENS 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter £19.99 FREE £19.99 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Case

Silverstone SST-FT02B-USB3.0 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case £190.99 £13.50 £204.49 Overclockers.co.uk
Remove
Buy
Case Fan

Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan £17.09 FREE £17.09 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Power Supply

OCZ ZX 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply £250.63 £250.63 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Optical Drive

LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer £14.99 FREE £14.99 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Add Another Optical Drive
Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) £65.99 £65.99 Aria PC
Remove
Buy
Monitor

BenQ VW2430H 24.0" Monitor £158.73 £0.98 £159.71 Dabs
Remove
Buy
Keyboard

Logitech G510 Wired Gaming Keyboard £103.00 £103.00 Amazon UK
Remove
Buy
Mouse Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Wireless Laser Mouse £107.30 FREE £107.30 Ebuyer
Remove
Buy
Expansion Cards / Networking
Add Expansion Cards / Networking ...
Sound Cards, Wired Network Adapter, Wireless Network Adapters
Displays
Add Displays ...
Monitors, All-In-One Monitors/Chassis
Peripherals
Add Peripherals ...
Keyboards, Mice, Speakers
Accessories / Other
Add Accessories / Other ...
Thermal Compound, Case Fans
Custom Add Custom Part
Base Total: £1968.25
Shipping: £14.48
Total: £1982.73

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
You can try it at £1200. Doubt you'll get it though. Used PCs aren't worth much even if they are well specced. You could put it up for sale at £1200 though and reduce the price by £100 a week til it sells.

GuitarGuy

You can try it at £1200. Doubt you'll get it though. Used PCs aren't worth much even if they are well specced. You could put it up for sale at £1200 though and reduce the price by £100 a week til it sells.

Only thing I need to consider is im buying my upgrade on finance so I need to know how much to reduce the finance by so I can reduce my monthly repayments. Say the system costs 5 grand, id be paying around 4200 at eclipse, I get heavy discount. If I had 1200 id only need to borrow 3k. See my point?

But what do you think is a likely sale value?

LJx

You would have to split it to get any sort of decent price, you might only get £600 if you sold it as a complete PC, the chance of someone wanting that exact spec are very low and from a raw power perspective someting better can be built for well under a grand so I would definitly split

GuitarGuy

"part picker" sounds like "not" the place to look for s/h values

Looking elsewhere for things like ebuyer and overclockers I got the rig to 1600 in the end. Maybe I can get 900 to 1000 for it if im lucky. Thing is I can hold out for it no problem. Its just that I need to get the full loan amount then.

mdbarber

Looking elsewhere for things like ebuyer and overclockers I got the rig to 1600 in the end. Maybe I can get 900 to 1000 for it if im lucky. Thing is I can hold out for it no problem. Its just that I need to get the full loan amount then.

i know its more time consuming but i would of thought s/h prices will be the best guide, older components tend to go up in price as they are mainly used for replacement purposes rather than in actual builds and things like the cpu in your build is now 2 generations old.

GuitarGuy

S/h? You make a fair point on the replacement note I think. Hadnt thought of that.

mdbarber

s/h = second hand

on many forums they object to ebay price comparisons presumably because of the weird habit of paying over the odds on there.
I think many will agree its odd how second hand items appear to sell on there for more than you can purchase them new but there is also the fees to take into account but a reduction of 10% would take care of that angle.
Build a small spreadsheet with the separate items in rows and a total at the bottom, add the prices as you locate them in various forums and a third column can help you keep track of the source
eg
Item - Price- Location
2500k -£120= AVF Classifieds
this will give you an overall value if you insist on selling the system complete but personally i find you should apply a discount of approx 10-15% for anyone willing to take the whole system

Last edited:

GuitarGuy

s/h = second hand

on many forums they object to ebay price comparisons presumably because of the weird habit of paying over the odds on there.
I think many will agree its odd how second hand items appear to sell on there for more than you can purchase them new but there is also the fees to take into account but a reduction of 10% would take care of that angle.
Build a small spreadsheet with the separate items in rows and a total at the bottom, add the prices as you locate them in various forums and a third column can help you keep track of the source
eg
Item - Price- Location
2500k -£120= AVF Classifieds
this will give you an overall value if you insist on selling the system complete but personally i find you should apply a discount of approx 10-15% for anyone willing to take the whole system

Great detailed post. Ill do that tomorrow for sure.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom