How much is my Macbook worth?

Dan.Scott1234

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As per the rules of the forums this is not a for sale thread so please don't make any offers but I was wondering how much my Macbook would be worth if I were to put a classified ad here. Spec as follows-

White Macbook - Intel CoreDuo 2.0Ghz
2GB RAM
Airport Extreme
Bluetooth
60GB HDD
iSight built in
OS X 10.5 Leopard
iLife 2008, iWork 2008
Apple remote control
Magsafe Power adaptor + original Apple battery that holds good charge
Original Box
All original docs and CD's (nb. Restore CD's are for Tiger not Leopard)

Bought from the Apple Store Regent St. and in good condition for it's age - nothing major to report.

Any ideas of what it may be worth?

Cheers
Dan

mac2sell reckons £640 I'll have a look on eBay.

When did you buy it? I've generally sold mac stuff with extended applecare which makes it more attractive to next user, gives them assurance of an extended warranty.

I bought it the day the Macbooks were released in the UK so I think that would of been June 06 if I remember correctly. No Applecare left unfortunately (No faults either though!)

Cheers
Dan

The latest C2D MacBook comes in at £699 so it'll be a discount to that (around 20% I'd guess). Good luck.

Another place to look is the refurb store for your spec. They sell with a 1y warranty so that should give you an indication.

That's with 1gb RAM and a combo drive (In this day and age I'm suprised they have the nerve to still ship anything less than a DVD-RW) so hope fully mine with 2gb RAM and a superdrive would be more comparable. Just have to wait and see I guess, I'm not definetly selling yet - will wait and see what Macworld brings first:)

Frankly I'd rather they made one without a DVD drive at all. Put a second battery in and it'd be more use. As to writing DVDs on Macs they are so painfully slow (2x) IME that I avoid it whenever possible.

Dan, I wasn't attempting to put a poor valuation on your kit just offering some comparators for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom