How much is my amp worth?

dts_boy

i have a black Onkyo 905 which i'm thinking about replacing with either the new onkyo processor or the marantz but not sure how much i would get for it?
this isn't a for sale thread as i'm not sure i'm going to sell just yet but will make an impact into whether or not i should change or not?
i see them going for around £799 new for the last few remaining stocks so thinking about £650, is this reasonable?

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
I think £650 is a good price, I would not upgrade the amp yet as personally I feel the new onkyo's don't offer much more than this.

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Sounds a fair price to me especially in Black as thats the most popular finish but at the end of the day it's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it :) it also depends where you sell it; if you put it on eBay with a good write up & plenty of nice photos you could even achieve more than £650. I often sell things this way & am often more than pleased with the results. I don't set a reserve, start the bid price at around £585 BUT also add a "Buy It Now" for around £695, more often than not someone will hit the Buy it Now rather than risk being outbid! offer free collection in person & say £25 carriage & I reckon it will go without a problem. :)

dts_boy

thanks for the response! i've not had much luck with Ebay and prefer using AV Forums for sales of such kit as i'm sad and feel it will be going to a good home here! As there is less headache here i might just put it up in the sales section for £650 then and see what happens! my wife has only given me permission to upgrade on the basis i sell the old one first - women eh?!